Knights of Ren

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Knights of Ren

Post by Darth Dementor on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:23 pm

There are a myriad of references to King Arthur and The Knights of the Round Table in TFA.

After watching this video it is so obviously blatant.

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:00 pm

@Let The Past Die

With regards to one of your questions yesterday, this thread has some discussion on Salad Bowl & KOR if you're still searching around for more information on him. But I believe Salad Bowl was discussed in a few threads back in 2016 & 2017, though, so you may still need to do some searching through the forum.

You Pierce My Soul. I am Half Agony, Half Hope.-Jane Austen

Avatar: Garden of Eden by ChieuMua
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 1:35 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:@Let The Past Die

With regards to one of your questions yesterday, this thread has some discussion on Salad Bowl & KOR if you're still searching around for more information on him. But I believe Salad Bowl was discussed in a few threads back in 2016 & 2017, though, so you may still need to do some searching through the forum.
@SheLitAFire

Thank you! I actually found the thread after someone said there was one following my previous post.
There is some great information and theories here about the Knights of Ren. Salad Bowl was as I read elsewhere a clan leader.

But I thought there would be more theories on Kylo saving Rey by striking down Salad Bowl. There was a couple of posts acknowledging the action on the thread, but that's it.

I thought it a key moment in her force vision, maybe as someone mentioned earlier it foreshadowed Kylo killing Snoke thus saving her. I'd like to think it meant something different, but hey ho. We'll just have to see if JJ does anything with it in IX, it just seems a lot of effort was put in that short scene, and if it was about Rey seeing Kylo with the KOR, there was no need to put Kylo saving Rey, then him coming towards her as if to see if she was alright but on a none threatening way. It's just one of the many things I muse on while going about my day, getting sidetracked by events in the films... Lol
Let The Past Die
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 5:41 pm

I just had the strangest thought/prediction about Rey's vision of Kylo and the Knights of Ren. It's crackpot. But it's a take that I haven't actually read about, ever. Here it is:

What if, in the first part of the vision when Rey sees Kylo strike down one of his own knights, she's not actually seeing Kylo doing it; she seeing herself do it, because in IX, Rey will don Kylo's costume at some point.

The reason this possibility occurred to me, is because, taken at face value, it's hard to see the impact that the scene might have, given what happened in The Last Jedi. We can believe it's something that turned into "Kylo kills Snoke" instead, but that leaves the vision rather devoid of meaning. We can further believe that Kylo WILL kill one of the KoR to save Rey, but I think that's super redundant. He already betrayed someone close to him for her. I keep coming back to: it's Rey's turn to save him. So... maybe that's what the vision is in some kind of weird way?

Bear in mind, this all presupposes there being a really tight plan from Day 1 of these films, but in any case, I thought it was an interesting idea (albeit one that simply came from the recesses of my weird brain, lol).

nickandnora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 3:12 am

@nickandnora wrote:I just had the strangest thought/prediction about Rey's vision of Kylo and the Knights of Ren. It's crackpot. But it's a take that I haven't actually read about, ever. Here it is:

What if, in the first part of the vision when Rey sees Kylo strike down one of his own knights, she's not actually seeing Kylo doing it; she seeing herself do it, because in IX, Rey will don Kylo's costume at some point.

The reason this possibility occurred to me, is because, taken at face value, it's hard to see the impact that the scene might have, given what happened in The Last Jedi. We can believe it's something that turned into "Kylo kills Snoke" instead, but that leaves the vision rather devoid of meaning. We can further believe that Kylo WILL kill one of the KoR to save Rey, but I think that's super redundant. He already betrayed someone close to him for her. I keep coming back to: it's Rey's turn to save him. So... maybe that's what the vision is in some kind of weird way?

Bear in mind, this all presupposes there being a really tight plan from Day 1 of these films, but in any case, I thought it was an interesting idea (albeit one that simply came from the recesses of my weird brain, lol).
@nickandnora

Regarding KOR I do not know what to think about still today I have many doubts about them and about the vision we saw in episode VII
For example, there are beliefs that the vision was of the past, but Ben Solo still had unmodeled lightsaber, and the clothes were from a padawan. The only thing that coincides is that Ben killed some padawan and took others with him, the future KOR, in the Force vision see bodies, Kylo kills a KOR and then see others beside him.
I hope that the vision is of the future, because it makes more sense, but mine are just speculations.
Teo oswald
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 4:23 am

I have a hard time imagining that JJ will not have the KOR in IX personally. I will not break down and make hate videos on YT if they are not, but Snoke and his “Kylo, Master of the Knights of Ren” in TFA and in TLJ is a bit much to just ignore it.

I actually think that the force vision is not meant to show us a specific moment that will have any impact on the story. I mean Rey’s part with the ship flying off is also not correct. I think it’s just meant to show Ben has his gang and you do not want to be on their target list. I think PH, ages ago, had confirmed that the scene in the force vision was basically showing the KOR being naughty. Sure, it’s not set in stone until it’s in the movie.

I really like the idea of seeing a crazy gang of dark siders with maybe one being an ascending Palps in his/her villainy. Yes, her. I’d give a lot to see one very nasty female KOR. Yesterday, I came across this old EW article: http://ew.com/gallery/star-wars-force-awakens-exclusive-photos

and gaped at this picture of the KOR for a few minutes. I had forgotten that there was an official sharp picture - ok, the rain makes it difficult to see the details - of the KOR. And guess what I was trying to figure out? If one is a woman. Either to the far left or far right. If they were in IX, they would look exactly like that and the same extras would play them, right? As if Very Happy But, come on, The Art of Star Wars The Last Jedi shows the design of a padawan girl - left of the pic below. It all fits with... my headcanon  Laughing

By the way, that Collider Q&A with Rian Johnson was interesting when the interviewer asked about the KOR, that we sort of know now that they are some of the former padawans of Luke’s and if they appear in IX. I have to listen to it again, but RJ was saying he has his theories and was avoiding to answer. Ok, it does not mean he knows anything, but that door is so wide open. Maybe too wide open and it’s a trap?

I want my KOR in IX Angry
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 5:08 am

I get the impression that the Knights of Ren are kinda like a biker gang in space. A very rough-and-tumble group of people, basically.

It would fit in with the idea of a younger Ben getting mixed up with 'gangs.'
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 9:29 am

I admit, the trajectory of the vision makes it more likely that it's a glimpse into the past (of sorts). If that's the case, then my best guess is that one of the main rights of initiation into The Knights of Ren (and also into dark side training) is killing one of your fellow knights. It makes sense that Sith training would basically amount to: "OK, kill your friend, and now your family, and now your soulmate/equal in the light."

That doesn't exclude what I suggested actually happening in the film, but it might not be what's portrayed there.

nickandnora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 7:08 pm

Part of me still wants to believe the Knights of Ren are one of the same with the Acoytles of the Beyond from Aftermath. I originally thought Pre-TLJ that Snoke would do away with the First Order when he saw fit, now I think this is more possible and more calculated and planned out. What if Snoke purposely had Kylo "kill" him in order to allow for Kylo to become Supreme Leader to create a further divide between him and Hux? This really makes the First Order weaker and if the Knights of Ren were to invade before the galaxy as a whole could gain enough support than this could truly create an everlasting Dark Side power sweep for the galaxy. This would also play into my original thought of the Resistance and First Order joining forces against them with the different gangs from TFA but now more so with Kylo seeking out Rey's help or else all hope will be lost forever. There's honestly so much potential and in my opinion, this is much better than Empire 2.0 versus Rebel Alliance 2.0.
BB-Rey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:43 am

I like to believe the Knights of Ren are " the hand full of students" Ben left Luke's academy with after the "incident" and that they're loyal to Ben/Kylo NOT to Snoke.

And even if they were kind of loyal to Snoke once- my take on the dark-siders are that they're opportunistic. Kylo killed Snoke so he is stronger/more powerful and now they're loyal to him. Survival of the fittest so to speak. Nope

I don't think they will play a very big role in IX - it would be strange after they were absent in the last two movies.
Maybe more like the PG of Snoke.

Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:19 am

rumor that the Kor will not appear in episode IX ...
that what we saw in the vision of episode VII served only as a background, in a few words did not serve a purpose.
I hope not because it would be nice to see agents in the service of Kylo totally bad*** Smile we'll see
Teo oswald
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 6:36 am

Perhaps KOR are just Kylo's heavy metal band name. (I want this sooo bad haha)

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:46 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:I like to believe the Knights of Ren are " the hand full of students" Ben left Luke's academy with after the "incident" and that they're loyal to Ben/Kylo NOT to Snoke.

And even if they were kind of loyal to Snoke once- my take on the dark-siders are that they're opportunistic. Kylo killed Snoke so he is stronger/more powerful and now they're loyal to him. Survival of the fittest so to speak.  Nope

I don't think they will play a very big role in IX - it would be strange after they were absent in the last two movies.
Maybe more like the PG of Snoke.

@Night Huntress

I really wanted the KoR to show up in TLJ, but now that they haven't, I agree that it would be strange to have them suddenly show up in the current narrative in Episode IX, even considering the short time frame of TFA and TLJ. I think they are a thing of the past and will stay there... At first, I thought they could show up in more flashbacks, but what would be the point? Anything Kylo did with the knights probably wouldn't serve the redemption story line...

If they were to show up in the actual story, they would have to be like some have mentioned, someone for Kylo and Rey to fight, but do we really want to see them fight a group similar to the Praetorians again? And Kylo turning on his buddies from Luke's school is pretty depressing. Unless they all head toward redemption which would take emphasis off of Ben... I can't see them doing that.
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:57 pm

I think the KoR would be more likely to turn on Kylo once the truth about Snoke's death is revealed. But that's because I think, if they're going to be part of IX, that it'll turn out they were always more loyal to Snoke. I can see Snoke messing with multiple of Luke's students alongside Kylo more than young Ben Solo himself slowly turning people around him until they followed him.

It's also because I can't see Kylo having truly loyal comrades out there in the galaxy. It wouldn't fit with the profound loneliness of his character and his feeling that nobody in the galaxy understands him like Rey does. So I can't imagine the Knights of Ren being Kylo's buddies and all defending him. Plus, would they pass up the opportunity to give Rey and Kylo some actual Force Sensitives to fight against?

Though, and I said this in another thread, if J.J. follows through on Rian's hint about the KoR's backstory, I can imagine at least one Knight hesitating to turn on Kylo. They have history, after all. But I agree that focusing too much on that could be strange in the middle of all the other tension that desperately needs resolving. Between acting the Supreme Leader for at least part of the movie and reconciling his own past, dark side, and relationship with Rey, wil Kylo's arc really have room for a depressing plot with the KoR that explores their history?
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:rumor that the Kor will not appear in episode IX ...
that what we saw in the vision of episode VII served only as a background, in a few words did not serve a purpose.
I hope not because it would be nice to see agents in the service of Kylo totally bad*** Smile we'll see
@Teo oswald

What's the source of this rumor?
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:14 pm

@ZioRen wrote:I think the KoR would be more likely to turn on Kylo once the truth about Snoke's death is revealed. But that's because I think, if they're going to be part of IX, that it'll turn out they were always more loyal to Snoke. I can see Snoke messing with multiple of Luke's students alongside Kylo more than young Ben Solo himself slowly turning people around him until they followed him.

It's also because I can't see Kylo having truly loyal comrades out there in the galaxy. It wouldn't fit with the profound loneliness of his character and his feeling that nobody in the galaxy understands him like Rey does. So I can't imagine the Knights of Ren being Kylo's buddies and all defending him. Plus, would they pass up the opportunity to give Rey and Kylo some actual Force Sensitives to fight against?

Though, and I said this in another thread, if J.J. follows through on Rian's hint about the KoR's backstory, I can imagine at least one Knight hesitating to turn on Kylo. They have history, after all. But I agree that focusing too much on that could be strange in the middle of all the other tension that desperately needs resolving. Between acting the Supreme Leader for at least part of the movie and reconciling his own past, dark side, and relationship with Rey, wil Kylo's arc really have room for a depressing plot with the KoR that explores their history?
@ZioRen

I agree. The bolded is something that makes me wonder just how the KOR would fit in Kylo’s story if they’re brought into Episode IX.

JJ may have thought they seemed like a cool idea, but it doesn’t look like he gave them and their relationship to Kylo much thought when he developed Kylo’s character because he portrayed Kylo as someone who is very much alone and isolated, who doesn’t have real companions or allies. In TLJ, Rian explored Kylo’s loneliness and isolation even further. After all, it’s one of the reasons why Kylo and Rey bonded. So yeah, it would seem very strange if Kylo suddenly had a band of loyal ride or die buddies, especially FS ones like him in Episode IX. As much as I thought it was interesting that TLJ revealed that Kylo took a handful of students with him when he left Luke, it kind of confused me because why would he seem like such a solitary character if he’s someone who managed to convert other FS peers to his cause? Unless it was Snoke who did it? Also, I thought the idea of KOR worked better if they were non-FS followers who saw Kylo as something special and unique because of his Force sensitivity or relation to Vader (like the way the Acolytes of the Beyond revered Vader). The KOR being FS makes Kylo seem less isolated and alone in a way...

I suppose if the KOR are going to be in Ep. IX, they’re either not going to be a large part of it or we’ll discover they’re not really loyal to Kylo, but to Snoke or something else. Perhaps they'll feel Kylo betrayed them either by killing Snoke or being unable to kill Rey.

I agree with you @ZioRen that it would be weird for Kylo’s story in IX to suddenly focus largely on his history with the KOR when they haven’t even been in the story for the first two chapters. Especially when Kylo’s main conflict has been reconciling his past, the pull to the light and dark, and now resolving his relationship with Rey. It’s a prediciemt because I feel like the KOR need some kind of explanation, but they also need to be handled in the right way. If they’re well utilized, they could add some very interesting dynamics to the story, but their involvement needs to be coherent to the story that’s been told so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:32 pm

One thing I suggested in one of my IX predictions is that maybe they knew they needed the Knights of Ren going forward in the plot because a) they're all established force-users and b) that's going to be needed if they're going to do a whole coup plotline in IX. They can at once turn on Kylo, overpower him (if he "trusts" them and they catch him unaware because they outnumber him), and maybe even possibly... impersonate him? It's a thing I keep coming back to that I seriously can't get out of my head for some reason. If they are also strong in the force, and schooled by the exact same two teachers as Ben/Kylo (Luke and Snoke), if any one of them put on the Kylo Ren helmet, what layperson would know any differently? No one except... Rey.

When I think about it like this, I can see how they need them and will probably use them kind of unceremoniously in IX without delving too much into the backstory, and then saving the backstory for extra story materials. It's one explanation anyway.

nickandnora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 3:45 pm

I think they're both Luke's former students and the Acoytles of Beyond mentioned in Aftermath. One interesting thing about the AOB is they were Darth Vader fanatics and obsessed with returning his lightsaber to him in death. Snoke hinted at a lust for the power of Ben's bloodline. So, it makes sense if the leader of the acoytles is Snoke. Adam also did say the Knights of Ren were around before Kylo and were that of a satellite group. So, it makes sense for them to be carrying out Snoke's bidding and possibly now training in the Unknown Regions with six other Masters carrying this out.
BB-Rey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 4:22 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:rumor that the Kor will not appear in episode IX ...
@Teo oswald

What's the source of this rumor?
@ISeeAnIsland

I ended up chatting with some people, there is no source , they told me it's a false new. Even Mike zeroh doesn't have anything , they deleted the page, there is nothing. I'm glad really Smile but are they already starting to put false news?
Teo oswald
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 1:24 pm

I must admit that I am puzzled about KOR in IX. I was quite happy that some of Luke's students went with Ben but that is just because he was so lonely and it felt comforting to know at least someone besides Snoke (meh) believed in him. I am not the biggest fan of the fact that Rey is the only thing in the galaxy that is for Ben. The important, but not the only one. I would like for him to have some kind of support - someone who knows Ben and how he was before serving with Snoke. I guess if they had Leia in IX that could work with this, but now he is completely alone.
I guess it fits with him being miserable in the path he has chosen, it's just so sad, maybe it should be like that and they should turn against him. I just like him to have his own little support group.

Last edited by SkyStar on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

I absolutely want the KOR and would love to see them being faithful to the new Supreme Leader, like the King and his (dark) knights.
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum