Predictions for Episode 9

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by snufkin on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 8:14 pm

@vaderito Not even filmed yet this time 2 years ago and meanwhile, the Internet had been raging for 6-7 weeks already with the insistence that they were cousin-siblings who hated each other and would have nothing to do with one another. Go back further to the Summer of 2014 when Rian Johnson was hired by Lucasfilm, read the script and saw the film footage and came to the same conclusion we did. Or go back even further in the late Fall of 2012/early Winter of 2013 when Kasdan was working with JJ on the script and thought that they should go into each other's minds and that something sparks between the two of them. Meanwhile the Internet is going on about Ray Solo...
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 8:42 pm

@rey09 wrote:I saw a post on reddit about how it'd be cool to see Chandrilla, as it's apparently Ben's home planet and that the scenery of the planet is much like...Scotland lol? I LOVE that idea, I would love to see him go back to his old home. I think a lot of us want Rey to get closure with Jakku but it'd also be cool to see Ben go home as well. There's probably many instances this happens in tv/movies but the one that really sticks to me is Xmen the cartoon, jean grey aka the dark phoenix goes home for a few minutes and finds a picture of her family. I was like 5 when I watched that but I still remember the poignant moment. Like when you feel so lost and you don't know what to do, the idea of going back to where it all started makes sense.
@rey09

Ben going to Chandrila is also on my wish list of Episode IX headcanons Very Happy Plus First Order civil war, complete with Hux v. Kylo and stormtrooper rebellion. Maybe Knights of Ren. Plus Reylo. I'm greedy. Angelic
californiagirl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:43 am

@special_cases @AhsokaTano - I'm replying to you both as you've both mentioned IX finishing with Rey and Kylo/Ben going to Mortis to bring balance as a possibility or interesting idea.. great you raised this. I've not really considered this idea yet!
I find the Mortis arc very mysterious! I'm not really clear if that arc on the clone wars was real or visions!
But.. it did make clear the importance of balance with the force: which is consistent with what we know of the force and it's striving for balance.

Rey and Kylo/Ben ending up in Mortis is for me not likely for a few reasons..
Firstly I kind of hope not because:
- I would not like to see them leaving their friends (okay at the moment they are only Rey's friends Wink haaa) and being separated from the galaxy in order to bring balance.
I want to see them with a future having babies and building relationships with others and yes it will be great if they have each other - but people need community, not just one other person.. sooo just hope not for sentimental reasons Smile

Secondly, I kind of think it is unlikely story wise - based on how I see over arching story lines of the nine movies concluding in IX:
-TLJ for me was saying the Jedi order must end, but Luke will not be the last Jedi. Rey's role moving forward has IMHO been set up to be the basis of a new type of Jedi - without the hubris of the former Jedi order. And she will support force users in finding their way as new Jedi.
If Rey is to do this - she can't do this if she is in Mortis and the Daughter.. and I can't see her fulfilling her role with future Jedi by the end of IX, and then finishing in Mortis. [I think we could see at least one new balanced Jedi join Rey in IX: Ben Solo Smile ]
-They would need a third person to join them on Mortis.. I guess Rey would be the daughter and Kylo would be the son- so it would be father - who could be father?

Maybe there is a way to have Rey and Kylo/Ben finish in Mortis and for me to love it. I may have preferences and opinions, but I fully accept the writers could take me on a journey I do not see coming: and that I will love it Smile
DeeBee
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 4:13 am

@DeeBee I agree with you, a lot of things you're saying make total sense. And I agree with @AhsokaTano that we need to see what they'll show in Rebels about Mortis.

The thing with Mortis realm (or maybe a realm that somehow similar) is that it's a realisitic way to make it look like "happy end" for Saga. It'll be a tough job to leave Kylo without punishment, to let him live and be happy and be accepted in the Galaxy.

An exile (which is rather popular right now) is not what I would call a happy end and I can't imagine Rey being okay with somebody living like she was living on Jakku. (But it'll be poetic if Kylo will end like Rey in TFA, poetic and sad) So, if there is an exile for Kylo, that means no happy ending for Rey.

And if Kylo just lives and he is accepted in the Galaxy, well, it'll be hard to sell. Maybe they'll go there but I personally think that it's possible only if 70 % of EPIX is about Kylo's redemption and hard work for "good." Unfortunately, can't see it like this right now, because there won't be any real conflict in the film. They love Kylo as a villian and they know for sure that Kylo is the most interesting thing right now in ST for GA (I mean 12+ GA, kids love a lot of stuff, bless them Very Happy ).

So, Mortis realm with some changed rules can be a safe choice for "happy end" and fresh, beautiful concept for SW film, like real magic.
And they can bring characters back whenever they want: for future films, cameos, not-cinema content.

Also, they can just use something like Mortis realm for 1. the duel OR 2. for the sacrifice in the end.

special_cases
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 6:06 am

@snufkin wrote:@vaderito Not even filmed yet this time 2 years ago and meanwhile, the Internet had been raging for 6-7 weeks already with the insistence that they were cousin-siblings who hated each other and would have nothing to do with one another. Go back further to the Summer of 2014 when Rian Johnson was hired by Lucasfilm, read the script and saw the film footage and came to the same conclusion we did. Or go back even further in the late Fall of 2012/early Winter of 2013 when Kasdan was working with JJ on the script and thought that they should go into each other's minds and that something sparks between the two of them. Meanwhile the Internet is going on about Ray Solo...
@snufkin

Ha,ha, so true! So their campaigning for Reylated - Reywalker and Soloist - was all for naught cause LF wouldn't budge from the set story. And we were right in reading the story as Reylo-centric.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:16 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:Am really open to mortis realm idea too . There’s a poll on Reddit at the moment about how you think episode 9 will end and the idea of rey and Kylo ending up on mortis balancing the force forever really appeals to me even though it will be very emotional. If I remember rightly Anakin was meant to stay on mortis -the chosen one was supposed to stay on mortis to bring balance - maybe rey and Kylo take his place instead and that is the sacrifice . This is without obviously knowing how mortis is gonna pan out in Rebels as after the finale I might change my mind .
@"Ahsoka Tano"

You're scaring me. What is Mortis? Shocked Cry Cry
I swear I'm not ready to see Ben Solo dying and ending the saga in this way. Yet another Greek tragedy. Cry Help
I think that after a saga based on tragedy, a good ending would be that both lose strength but live happily together.
The sacrifice of him or her disgusting me ! L-puke
I would live it as if Disney had decided to make them die so we do not think about Skywalker anymore.
I think I would be so disappointed by how Disney handles his characters and I would suspect every Disney proposal.

Sorry I still have not digested. Rouge one. The death of Han Solo. The disappearance of Luke, Leia's future disappearance.
I'll have to take a BIG digestive.
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:34 am

Awww ☹️ Don’t be sad -Mortis wouldn’t necessarily mean that rey and kylo would have to
Die as anakin went there with Ahsoka and obi wan and they were very much alive . Mortis is an ethereal realm strong in the force , kind of like a mythical Atlantis or an Eden ( it would tie in with Adam and Eve idea of rey and kylo living in a mythical land )ie not a place easily found or on maps . Look it up in Wookipedia . To be honest until I saw that poll yesterday the thought of mortis hadn’t crossed my mind but it would be a way to balance the force , exile Ben and fulfill the sacrificial element of the hero’s journey but still make it awe inspiring at the same time and it doesn’t mean they have to die either( though the ending would be bittersweet because they would be leaving finn, Poe, rose and their world behind to transcend to a place beyond time and space ). Bittersweet ending .

Anyway it’s coming up in Rebels soon so we’ll know more then

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:54 am; edited 5 times in total

AhsokaTano
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:38 am

AhsokaTano
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:52 am

Hmm... That spoiler about Logan's Run can be connected to Rey and Kylo searching for something like Mortis realm... I need to watch this movie, I remember just general things about it.

Mortis realm was created by Lucas. And Hamill hinted on something like this when he was talking about ST many years ago.

special_cases
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:56 am

I need to watch Logan’s run too . The bit about my name speculation in Star Wars got deleted! ☹️

AhsokaTano
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 10:02 am

What I meant to say is names in Star Wars usually mean something like Vader meaning dark father .Ben means son, doesn’t kylo mean lotus or something similar ( where the balance is found ) and Ren means raven /dark and ruler in welsh . Rey means king in Spanish . Rey and kylo are destined for something huge and I don’t think it’s solely emperor and empress now ( could be wrong ). As I said until yesterday seeing that poll I hadn’t even thought it but now I cant get this idea out of my mind . And it’s a way to tie everything together - romance, exile and sacrificial element of hero’s journey .
Maybe the portal on jakku ( aftermath books)and the one on dathomir lead to mortis or mythical type realm like it .

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

AhsokaTano
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 10:32 am

Do you think this realm
is alluded to in mirrorbright song - the ancient lullaby in bloodline book that alderainian parents sung to their kids ( eons before the Death Star ).That poem has bothered me ever since and knowing Rian Johnson collaborated with Claudia gray putting things in the book makes me wonder if that was one of them. I know moonlight in psychoanalysis is supposed to be when things come to light and people remember things or things are revealed so it could just be that:- here it is:

Mirrorbright, shines the moon, its glow as soft as an ember
When the moon is mirrorbright, take this time to remember
Those you have loved but are gone
Those who kept you so safe and warm
The mirrorbright moon lets you see
Those who have ceased to be
Mirrorbright shines the moon, as fires die to their embers
Those you loved are with you still—
The moon will help you remember

But that bit about the mirror bright allowing you to see those who have passed on really bothered me . Hmmm. What if once upon a time alderaan had one of these portals that led to the ethereal eternal/undying lands ( whatever we want to call them) . In lord of the rings mythology isn’t valinor - the undying lands accessible through “ earth” at one point early in its history and then eventually that gets cut off and only the elf ships can access it and eventually the last ship sails and then it’s cut off completely? Am wondering if we are gonna get something similar with mortis and these portals and how to access them - Luke’s compass for one and he’s also got an ancient star map too ( which hopefully rey has got now - see visual dictionary of last Jedi ). Sorry am waffling on just excited where Star Wars could take us as there are so many possibilities and my imagination is running away with me . Lol!

AhsokaTano
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:30 pm

I read about Mortis now. I am wroste then ever ..... So Kylo could be the brother and Rey the sister. OH My God! Hope no ! I will be crazy!!!! However . Because Anakin was the father and he failed. Kylo could be the father and Rey the mother. So they would leave for Mortis with their hypothetical sons (twins) and they would become the balance of strength. It is not the fairytale ending of my dreams. For me a fairytale ending is that he redeems himself and live in peace and happy with Rey, have children and the saga is closed with the two suns and they embrace each other with or without force power. I find the idea of ​​killing the heroes a gesture of little imagination. Then we all became attached to them and to many people love Reylo now. And every day more and more again ... If they become dead Entities it means that there will be no more Reylo stories between Rey and Ben / Kylo. I ‘m a little sad .... I prefer a story like Raven and Bastilla . Because they can change sides many times and live many Reylo story ( episode XXI, XXII , XXIII) in more future episodes. In my opinion, other Reylo could hope for a simple happy end. I’m going to cry in the bedroom
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:38 pm

If they're taking any inspiration from Logan's Run, somebody's going to be wearing a space caftan. It was randomly on TV last night so I watched part of it and being that 1970s aesthetic, wonder how much cocaine went into that production.

As for endings where the two of them join together to balance the Force and ascend together to some higher plane (which my personal taste, still sounds cruel for somebody like Rey who wants to have a normal life w/a family and community), it'd be like  Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus? Similar themes and female/male dueling magicians who defy their mentors to ally instead of killing each other

Marco and Celia, the novel's star-crossed heroes, are gifted magicians who enter into an epic contest set down by their mentors as a kind of gentleman's wager. The pair are still in grade school when the gauntlet is thrown, and so do not fully understand what they're training for and why. Yet, through arduous study with their masters (old rivals on the Victorian magic circuit), the young apprentices develop impressive skills, like the ability to heal wounds and read glyphs. Later, when as teenagers they meet by chance outside a London cafe (in the rain, of course), they fall suddenly and deeply in love.

Morgenstern's plot soon enough cribs from the Bard. Her Romeo and Juliet are bound to a rivalry bigger than themselves, and from which they cannot escape. Still, they believe that love can overcome the supernatural.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:43 pm

@giaciak2 wrote:I read about Mortis now. I am wroste then ever ..... So Kylo could be the brother and Rey the sister. OH My God! Hope no ! I will be crazy!!!!  However . Because Anakin was the father and he failed. Kylo could be the father and Rey the mother. So they would leave for Mortis with their hypothetical sons (twins) and they would become the balance of strength. It is not the fairytale ending of my dreams. For me a fairytale ending is that he redeems himself and live in peace and happy with Rey, have children and the saga is closed  with the two suns and they embrace each other with or without force power. I find the idea of ​​killing the heroes a gesture of little imagination. Then we all became attached to them and to many people love Reylo now. And every day more and more again ... If they become dead Entities it means that there will be no more Reylo stories between Rey and Ben / Kylo. I ‘m a little sad .... I prefer a story like Raven and Bastilla . Because they can change sides many times and live many Reylo story ( episode XXI, XXII , XXIII)  in more future episodes. In my opinion, other Reylo could hope  for  a simple  happy  end. I’m going to cry in the bedroom
@giaciak2

It'll work out, I promise!  Please don't despair - we are getting our happy ending, i am sure of it.  The writers and creators all have confirmed that SW is based on fairytale and mythological elements.  And if you combine that with the yin yang elements, Ben cannot die.  The light cannot live without the dark.  I'm not saying he won't be redeemed, but I think Ben will always have that aspect about him and that's what he represents even if he atones for his transgressions.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:52 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@vaderito Not even filmed yet this time 2 years ago and meanwhile, the Internet had been raging for 6-7 weeks already with the insistence that they were cousin-siblings who hated each other and would have nothing to do with one another. Go back further to the Summer of 2014 when Rian Johnson was hired by Lucasfilm, read the script and saw the film footage and came to the same conclusion we did. Or go back even further in the late Fall of 2012/early Winter of 2013 when Kasdan was working with JJ on the script and thought that they should go into each other's minds and that something sparks between the two of them. Meanwhile the Internet is going on about Ray Solo...
@snufkin

Ha,ha, so true! So their campaigning for Reylated - Reywalker and Soloist - was all for naught cause LF wouldn't budge from the set story. And we were right in reading the story as Reylo-centric.

@vaderito

what a f**king waste of time in retrospect. I mean, not that I didn't enjoy all the discussions and looking at other movies/books the discussion provoked. Just the time wasted dealing with people who kept asserting that they knew better when they had zero clue what was actually going on while they were saying that.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

@snufkin wrote:  
what a f**king waste of time in retrospect. I mean, not that I didn't enjoy all the discussions and looking at other movies/books the discussion provoked. Just the time wasted dealing with people who kept asserting that they knew better when they had zero clue what was actually going on while they were saying that.
@snufkin

It was a colossal waste of time and it was caused 100% by people who were doing it out of spite. Once it was obvious that Reylated/Finnrey was not going to happen, and that was obvious very early on back in 2016 when all those debunks intended and slipped happened, they were supporting those dead theories to spite Reylos and Rey Random fans.  Especially Rey Solo was a prime example of Spite Theorizing or Trolling for short. It was deader than Tutankhamen yet they kept bring it up with the most ridiculous reaching (Leia's 2 Stone Ring and Anastasia/Frozen were the stupidest, most troll-tastic theories ever) just to spite and troll. Serves them right that they are now holed up in various designated TLJ Hate threads.  lol!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 2:30 pm

Put it this way, the Reywalker theorists wasted two years of their life clinging to a dead theory that was completely demolished by TLJ once it came out and we were on the right track all along. The other seriously annoying discourse was the "Rey, Finn and Poe are the trio and Kyle Ron is irrelevant and will die!1!1!1" Remember the antis freaking out over this as if it was proof or something:

LOL. It's Star Wars not Coffee Shop Wars. And now Kylo is the last Skywalker. TPTB couldn't make him any more important to the narrative even if they tried. Oh the irony. On another note, they filmed those scenes really early. That was only about a month after @Ohtze's amazing Death and the Maiden meta which convinced a lot of people to jump aboard the Reylo train.
Kylo Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 4:09 pm

There's another thing that antis don't understand. TLJ isn't a universally hated movie. It's a divisive movie which means it has fans and it has detractors. Almost all popular things are divisive. Ditto Reylo. It's divisive - popularity breeds detractors - it isn't universally hated. LF is not going to discard divisive things that were expected to be divisive. This isn't a Jar Jar situation where something suffered an outright rejection from virtually everyone. Jar Jar was universally hated, he was not divisive since he had no fans, and therefore GL had no choice but to discard him. So antis are bound to be disappointed again cause they are treating TLJ situation as if it's Jar Jar. Not even close.

Moreover, studios want publicity for their IP and that means they want people to talk. The problem is when people don't and antis cannot prevent Reylo talk since it's a very popular topic, while, at the same time, their alternatives (ships pairing Rey with NotKylo and Single Rey) failed to gain traction aka are not talked about. And indifference is worse than hate because conversation moves away from the thing that creates indifference and it ends up forgotten.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 4:12 pm

@Kylo Rey I saw TFA late February- early March 2016, sat there in the theater like "What is going on between these 2?!" and then went online to find all the nonsense comments and a few outposts of sanity. If people had been sensible, or at least not jerks, I probably wouldn't have been sucked down the rabbit hole. But it won't stop being funny to me how some fans had built up 2 months worth of arguing that something wasn't going to happen and meanwhile, it was happening.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 4:26 pm

@snufkin wrote:@Kylo Rey I saw TFA late February- early March 2016, sat there in the theater like "What is going on between these 2?!" and then went online to find all the nonsense comments and a few outposts of sanity. If people had been sensible, or at least not jerks, I probably wouldn't have been sucked down the rabbit hole. But it won't stop being funny to me how some fans had built up 2 months worth of arguing that something wasn't going to happen and meanwhile, it was happening.
@snufkin

right under their noses! lol!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 6:20 pm

Some of the weird Force-related stuff regarding Mortis, etc. could be cool, but I'm also a little wary of it for the same reasons as the exile theories. It's strongly stated in TLJ that there will be more Jedi, Luke literally said he wouldn't be the last one, Broomboi, and so on. Luke also says the old Jedi order sucked, which is also true. So the new order has to be different from the old one. Wasn't their big problem that they were allergic to emotions, the dark side, any form of attachment, having a normal life? It would be unfair to both Kylo, who suffered under some of this, and Rey, who has also been deprived of family and love or any kind of future, if a Mortis Brother-Sister arc entailed they could never have those things. It wouldn't do their character arcs much good. It's a family movie, and a Disney one no less. It's all going to be fine, guys. Smile
californiagirl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 7:35 pm

I'm reading about some of the Mortis Brother-Sister stuff you guys are talking about, and I'm pretty sure it could come to pass, but without actually coming to pass, if that makes sense? Like, a big theme I'm interested in in a lot of stories is how mythology and biblical tales aren't necessarily literal. A version of this Mortis legend... thing... could still be destined to happen but... "not the way you think" Smile (ie. not the way it's spelled out in the legend). I see a Rey and Ben who end up on an island together somewhere remote as a version of that legend, but not a literal retread of it, if that makes sense.

Now, I know a lot of people aren't fans of the exile theory, or anything that sounds like the exile theory, but if I could discuss it for a sec to try to sway you.

Picture it like this: SO much of the heart of this story is about 1) the failure of romantic love, and 2) the failure of the family unit. Rey and Ben are living, breathing, gaping wounds that have resulted from the fallout of these two things. The (different) failures of their parents have haunted them their whole lives, shaped who they are (with very different results), and they've found kindred spirits in each other as a result of it. These two desperately want family, but as the film has been telling us, they're not going to find it in the past. If they want the ideal family unit, it's going to start with them.

Now, in a complete utopia, what would the ideal family unit's starting point be? Two living parents, 100% committed to being present, available AND emotionally supportive to their children, without TOO much else in the way of worldly cares, and a safe, fruitful, nurturing environment. You know a setting where it would be easy for this to happen? A beautiful island in the middle of a planet that's kind of in the middle of nowhere fits the bill rather nicely. I don't think this story is just about the start of a new, ideal Jedi order; I also think it's about the restart of the ideal family unit, AND of the children born out of that unit. It's a do-over essentially, of everything that he Skywalkers/Solos got wrong the first time around. And personally? I think the "exile" option is the appropriate setting in which to make that aspect of the story happen.

nickandnora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 7:41 pm

Mortis-end doesn't mean they need to stuck there. There can be different solutions. Mortis' concept is literally a life-card for Kylo because Son is the dark Side of the Force and that doesn't make him evil. When movie-universe portraits all dark-siders as evil. Mortis is origin point of the force. If they just bring this concept to the movie, Kylo's redemption will become easier.

TLJ (and PT, of course) implies that Jedi Order = church, which made "Jedi" = religion. In TLJ Luke is talking about the Force as the Faith. I think it's unlikely that there will be a new Order or Council or a goal to achieve something like this. It's possible that Rey will be similar to Qui-Gon who wasn't in Jedi Council and didn't care for rules and dogmas.

@snufkin wrote:If they're taking any inspiration from Logan's Run, somebody's going to be wearing a space caftan.

LOL without doubt Kylo will get a space caftan. With grandma like his, there are no other candidates.

@snufkin wrote:As for endings where the two of them join together to balance the Force and ascend together to some higher plane (which my personal taste, still sounds cruel for somebody like Rey who wants to have a normal life w/a family and community), it'd be like  Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus? Similar themes and female/male dueling magicians who defy their mentors to ally instead of killing each other

Marco and Celia, the novel's star-crossed heroes, are gifted magicians who enter into an epic contest set down by their mentors as a kind of gentleman's wager. The pair are still in grade school when the gauntlet is thrown, and so do not fully understand what they're training for and why. Yet, through arduous study with their masters (old rivals on the Victorian magic circuit), the young apprentices develop impressive skills, like the ability to heal wounds and read glyphs. Later, when as teenagers they meet by chance outside a London cafe (in the rain, of course), they fall suddenly and deeply in love.

Morgenstern's plot soon enough cribs from the Bard. Her Romeo and Juliet are bound to a rivalry bigger than themselves, and from which they cannot escape. Still, they believe that love can overcome the supernatural.

Maybe they'll ascend, maybe they'll just visit it and maybe they will bring that realm in real world.

A lot of possibilities, we need to see what will happen in Rebels. Mortis themes are very close to ST themes, but there are no guarantee that they will ever bring it in EPIX. The Force lore is so disappointing in ST right now, instead we got boring Resistance\FO.

special_cases
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:41 pm

@special_cases Funny enough, it was Michael York in the caftan! Which is still a better look than Sean Connery's Zardoz mankini. Not sure what's going on with Jessica's, er outfit. There has to be a nude body stocking and massive amounts of bikini wax underneath it.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum