Predictions for Episode 9

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 3:44 pm

Indeed Rey is in a delicate situation. She does not want to kill Ben, but also she does not want to betray her friends. She knows that Kylo is an enemy of the Rebellion but she has no more hatred towards him as at the beginning of the film . She is now in a state of total confusion.
Teo oswald
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 3:48 pm

Hey guys! I wrote a thing. Smile

I've been working on this for a little while because I've mentioned that I have a lot of oddly specific predictions for Episode IX based on a lot of little things in TFA, TLJ, and some based on my knowledge of story structure in general. I've talked about the majority of these here and there on this board since my arrival, but I had a strong urge to put it all in one post because I want to be able to link back to it (for myself) as the next two years progress and filming spoilers get underway (though I realize we may have precious few of those) and then eventually when promotion/trailers start as well.

These are all basically Reylo-centric predictions. I have some other vague ideas about Finn's arc, Poe's arc, how they might deal with Leia in relation to Kylo, etc. but I tried to stick to the ones I have the strongest feelings about, and could explain my reasoning behind. I'm including explanations of how sure I am about each one as it gives me a bit of a chance to explain some of the evidence (if there is any) behind each prediction.

Without further ado, here it is:

Star Wars IX Reylo Predictions:

1) Rey will construct a double-sided lightsaber from the broken one.

How certain: Almost 100% and I believe many of you here are of the same mind. Evidence: the prime jedi symbol, the oppositely lined up lightsaber motif, Kylo’s own lightsaber with the cracked crystal and hilt (ie. I think Rey’s crystal is also now cracked which will also affect the type of lightsaber she can now build).

2) Rey and Ben will have one early force-connect that will be overheard by a member of each of the FO and the Resistance.

How certain: Not very. This is a completely up-in-the-air guess for me as a plot point. What makes me think *something* like this might occur is that it would accomplish a couple of things: 1) give us a Rey/Kylo scene early on (because they’re the best), and 2) allow Hux to confirm some of his suspicions about Kylo while also zeroing in on a key weakness of his. But there are certainly other events J.J. could write to get the ball rolling.

3) Hux will stage a coup against Kylo using his own Knights of Ren against him.

How certain: I’m certain about the first part. I’m less certain about the second part. My reasoning is that there’s no way that Hux could accomplish anything against Kylo alone, the Knights of Ren are also force users, and they certainly outnumber and could overpower Kylo. Plus, if their ultimate loyalty is/was to Snoke (and not Kylo) and they found out for certain that it was Kylo who killed him I don’t think they’d need much more motivation than that.

4) Hux’s new superweapon will be Kylo himself (or fuelled by Kylo somehow) against his will.

How certain: Pretty darn certain. Like maybe 80% certain or more? Why? Well, Hux’s thing is impossible weapons so there’s going to have to be something pretty impressive in the finale with that. There was all the talk about both sides procuring the same weapons from DJ (not subtle); FO has Kylo, Resistance has Rey. Also: There was just something about Hux’s first weapon in TFA, where he drained the sun of its energy to charge it… then later on we have Kylo drawing on his pain/wound in order to channel what I assume must be dark side energy (and the camera really zeroing in on that)… I don’t know, there’s the potential to connect those two ideas I think. What I’m less sure about (like have absolutely no idea about) is the mechanism behind it. Does Hux just blackmail Kylo into using his mind to blow stuff up? Does he actually entrap him? I’m think it’s a combination of the two with an emphasis on the latter. But again, not sure about that specific part.

5) Poe, after learning about Rey’s connection to Kylo Ren, will attempt to use her to spy on the FO.

How sure: It’s likely, but it’s also dependent on my #2 prediction being a thing, which is one I’m less sure of.

6) When they realize what’s happening to Kylo Ren, Poe will respond by wanting to weaponize Rey (obviously not by the same mechanism as Hux), while Rey will respond by wanting to save Kylo.

How sure: I’m pretty darn confident about some version of this one. I’m not sure how far they’ll actually take it (probably not far), but the mere suggestion being made - ("Hey Rey, can't you just blow THEM up with your mind?") - will probably be telling enough in itself. But obviously Rey will react by wanting to save Kylo: see Rose’s anvilicious comment at the end of TLJ for the most obvious foreshadowing known to mankind.

7) Multiple people will don the Kylo Ren costume (I have some vague idea that different Knights of Ren will wear it to impersonate Kylo), and eventually Rey herself will wear it.

How sure: The first part is just a hunch because IF I’m right that Hux somehow gets the upper hand on Kylo but doesn’t actually want people to *know* about it, he has an excellent mechanism to keep that ruse going for a long time (the costume, the voice modulator). As for Rey wearing it… again, not sure I have any specific evidence, but I just feel like it’s a logical progression for her as a character.

8 ) Rey will defeat all the Knights of Ren.

How sure: I just think it would be cool. Smile

9) I’m calling a very specific image now: You know the lined up lightsaber motif? Movie 1 – Their lightsabers line up as they fight against each other. Movie 2 – Their lightsabers line up as they fight with each other. Movie 3 – The lined up lightsaber image will be Rey’s double-sided lightsaber piercing through both of their bodies at the same time (they won’t die).

How sure: Sure. Very, very sure. Not only is it the natural progression of the lightsaber motif, it’s basically the perfect sex metaphor.

10) Neither Rey nor Ben will have their powers any more at the end of the film.

How sure: Hrrmmmmph. I’m pretty sure about Ben. I’m less sure about Rey. She might have some kind of subdued version of powers… but I still think “not.” I can’t help but believe that these films are trying to demonstrate that no two people should be AS powerful as Rey and Ben are, or have the potential to be. It’s too extreme.

11) Rey and Ben will “become” each other. Kind of. It’s… hard to explain. You’ll know what I mean when you see it onscreen?

How sure: 100%. My evidence? The films. Lol. No, it’s just that I could write a whole essay about the evidence (direct and indirect) for this. The prime jedi symbol is a good starting point, but it’s by no means just that.

12) Ben will escape in the Millennium Falcon.

How sure: Pretty sure. No direct evidence for this, but it IS his father’s ship, and Rey has now looked down on him from it twice now, and I think we’re going to get him looking down at her from it as well.

13) When the time is “right” Rey and Ben will meet again on Jakku (where the landscape will be completely changed).

How sure: Also pretty sure, though I know many others have alternate versions of this idea (Ahch-To, Tatooine, Naboo, etc.) The reason I think Jakku is for the same reason that we all believe in reverse Amidala. I think a lot of this story is about going back to the beginning, but differently. This particular trilogy started with Rey and Kylo on Jakku, and I think it’s going to end there as well. Another thing: Maz’s “prophecy” to Rey. The people who she was waiting for on Jakku are never coming back, but there’s someone who still could. Answer 1: Ben Solo. Answer 2: Rey, because she will literally be the person who returns to Jakku, when she started the story waiting for someone to return to Jakku. It’s a neat twist/symmetry.

14) Ben will have penned his entire family history during their separation (the new “Jedi texts”).

How sure: Same answer as the previous three as in “pretty sure.” Evidence: the calligraphy set for starters. The aforementioned “going back to the beginning, but differently” theme. Also, is there a better artist/author surrogate in these damn films than Ben-freaking-Solo? Storytellers are by their very nature emotional, after all. Smile (Bonus: the meta “you have no place in this story” during Kylo’s proposal to Rey).

15) Implied: Rey and Ben spend the rest of their days together on their Jakku island paradise.

How sure: Look, if you were on an island with a shirtless Ben Solo (because obviously he would be, all the time) who looked at you like you were the reason he woke up every morning and made mad passionate love to you every night (again: obviously), would YOU ever leave?!

BONUS PREDICTION: A direct descendant of Reylo’s will be identified at the end of the film by being in possession of Han’s dice.

How sure: Have you ever had a hunch about something based on next to nothing? That’s what this is.

Thanks for indulging me!!! :-D

nickandnora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 4:21 pm

@nickandnora

Great post!
Thank you for this. I'll add some of my thoughts and predictions:

2) Rey and Ben will have one early force-connect that will be overheard by a member of each of the FO and the Resistance.

How certain: Not very. This is a completely up-in-the-air guess for me as a plot point. What makes me think *something* like this might occur is that it would accomplish a couple of things: 1) give us a Rey/Kylo scene early on (because they’re the best), and 2) allow Hux to confirm some of his suspicions about Kylo while also zeroing in on a key weakness of his. But there are certainly other events J.J. could write to get the ball rolling.

5) Poe, after learning about Rey’s connection to Kylo Ren, will attempt to use her to spy on the FO.

Their force skype is a must to move the plot forward. I think it's definitely happening and pretty early in the movie as well. Is it going to be overheard by somebody - I'am not so sure about that part but it would be fun and very interesting as well. Kylo could be heard only by Hux - and it would lead in the further animosity. On the contrary Rey could be heard by several characters and how it would play out depends who's the character who hears her.

Poe is  problematic. He was presented in TLJ the way he was presented (unlikable as it can be for someone the audience is supposed to root for) and there's also the issue that emerged with Carrie Fisher's passing. Are they're going to retcon all we're learnt about him in TLJ and just promote him into a leader of the Resistance (if they stick with their early statements of no-recast), with only leadership stuff and lesser screen time, or given the fact that Resistance is down to 10 people + Chewie and it doesn't need a classic military type of leadership, they may continue using Poe as being a hothead and stubborn - in that case I can see him making troubles to Rey and Kylo

3) Hux will stage a coup against Kylo using his own Knights of Ren against him.

That's my personal favorite headcanon how the the thing could go within FO.

12) Ben will escape in the Millennium Falcon.

That too. The dice and everything point to Ben on the MF.

13) When the time is “right” Rey and Ben will meet again on Jakku (where the landscape will be completely changed).
15) Implied: Rey and Ben spend the rest of their days together on their Jakku island paradise.

There was a certain rumor circulating around that the production will be back in the Abbu Dabi desert for IX. It definitely points to the desert planet: Jakku or Tatooine (as a full circle for Skywalker saga).

BONUS PREDICTION: A direct descendant of Reylo’s will be identified at the end of the film by being in possession of Han’s dice.

This would be perfect and beautiful!

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 4:51 pm

@nickandnora wrote:Hey guys! I wrote a thing. Smile

7) Multiple people will don the Kylo Ren costume (I have some vague idea that different Knights of Ren will wear it to impersonate Kylo), and eventually Rey herself will wear it.

How sure: The first part is just a hunch because IF I’m right that Hux somehow gets the upper hand on Kylo but doesn’t actually want people to *know* about it, he has an excellent mechanism to keep that ruse going for a long time (the costume, the voice modulator). As for Rey wearing it… again, not sure I have any specific evidence, but I just feel like it’s a logical progression for her as a character.

@nickandnora

Wow, I really really like this idea.

Great job, I will save your predictions! flower

special_cases
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 5:06 pm

Great write-up @nickandnora! I was nodding along to many of your points.

If they're going to use "it was Kylo who killed Snoke" as a major plot point, there's a question of how Hux and the rest of the FO will find that out. Realistically, the only two people who know the truth are Rey and Kylo, so either of them has to fess up, because otherwise Hux can have suspicions but no proof.

My personal favorite scenario is Kylo confessing to murdering Snoke in front of everyone because he wants so save Rey Smile That would be dramatic as heck and give Kylo his genuine selfless act long before the movie is over. I'm not going to get too attached to it though, since they might not even use Snoke's death in any major way at all.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 5:34 pm

I like both Kylo confessing he killed Snoke AND taking the opportunity to right his wrong decision of becoming SL be dethroning himself and trying to take down the FO with him, though I don't think his attempt will succeed.

I still want Hux to be responsible for his own demise. Otherwise we are still stuck at fighting destruction with destruction, which is the opposite of how Rose said they would win.

I'm not sure about the no Force powers thing. It would better if Kylo learned balance, how to deal with his powers, controlling himself, etc. Otherwise it's basically, "you were bad, you get no more chances" which is a little cruel and un-SW. Rey just discovered her powers, she would get them taken away so soon? Even crueler. Plus they might be whatever Prime Jedi/model of balance in the Force.

I never really cared if Luke ignited the green or not, but now I'm married to the headcanon that Ben as the Skywalker descendant will have the green lightsaber. I don't even really like Force ghosts that much, but if Yoda had a dramatic scene, then Luke should get one too in which he gives Ben the saber in front of the Resistance/Republic/"good guys" with his blessing so they don't try to kill him or anything.
californiagirl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 6:13 pm

@nickandnora

Awesome predictions nickandnora! Thanks for sharing! So many interesting ideas mixed in here that could each be their own conversation!

Losing force powers is something I'd really like to discuss - Anyone suggest where that conversation could take place? I'm not sure if I should start a thread, but I start an in depth look at that in the predictions thread.  Mods? help?

The prediction I quoted above got me thinking of throw backs to the OT...
I'll share one here and then I might start a thread about throw backs. could be a fun game over the next 22 months!
1) If Rey is wearing the Kylo Ren outfit: Kylo/Ben or someone would have to ask - 'Aren't you a little short for a Kylo Ren?' haaaaaa.
I think this could also work if Rey disguised as a short storm trooper too..
Here it is:  Lolilol
DeeBee
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 6:40 pm

@special_cases wrote:

@nickandnora

@special_cases

Thanks!

The reason I really wanted to mention this one (well in advance of any promotion) is that if this actually happens in the film, they are going to be able to misdirect the HECK out of the audience in teasers/trailers.

For me personally, if a trailer comes out that shows Rey fighting Kylo Ren while he's wearing the mask, my own reaction is going to be: "That's not him."

nickandnora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 7:13 pm

More random predictions: Mourning Leia is going to be how IX starts and the reason for Rey and Kylo's first Force connection in a long time. If it's a First Order attack that killed her, it's going to end up being something Hux orchestrated without asking for Kylo's permission. Rey is going to be absolutely furious with him at first and then slowly realize that no, Kylo didn't give that order.

If the Knights of Ren end up being antagonists to both Kylo and Rey, at least one is going to have sympathy and defend Kylo. There isn't a doubt that they're the students who went with Ben back during the temple destruction, so why give them such meaningful history if it's going to amount to nothing? At the same time, I think the situation will be that the Knights of Ren in general were always more loyal to Snoke than Kylo. If Hux uses the KoR against Kylo, it'll be because he finds out and informs them that Kylo was the one who offed Snoke.

One more: Thus far, Kylo has always been pretty calm and relatively soft around Rey. Despite everyone assuming he would, he's never yelled at her or really threatened her to her face. I think that's going to change in IX, and he's going to lose it at her verbally at least once during a darker moment of frustration or trying to keep up his new image. Maybe earlier on rather than later, as part of the "will he really redeem himself?" tension that's probably going to be big in IX. Of course, it'll be all talk in the end. This is based on nothing solid, just a hunch.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 7:52 pm

@Saracene wrote:Great write-up @nickandnora! I was nodding along to many of your points.

If they're going to use "it was Kylo who killed Snoke" as a major plot point, there's a question of how Hux and the rest of the FO will find that out. Realistically, the only two people who know the truth are Rey and Kylo, so either of them has to fess up, because otherwise Hux can have suspicions but no proof.

My personal favorite scenario is Kylo confessing to murdering Snoke in front of everyone because he wants so save Rey Smile That would be dramatic as heck and give Kylo his genuine selfless act long before the movie is over. I'm not going to get too attached to it though, since they might not even use Snoke's death in any major way at all.
@Saracene

Yeah this is so ripe for some great drama!!!

Kylo confesses to exonerate Rey is wonderful. It could be cool to see Rey match Kylo/Ben's confession with a 'no I did it' also - matching his selflessness Smile

Anyway, how could Hux find out or prove it?
- there is the idea of the hidden holo camera capturing everything..
- or Hux being Hux, he could just offer a promotion or a huge bribe to one of those navigators to say they secretly saw Kylo/Ben kill Snoke.

I think Hux knows, and because it is such an unlikely lie that the girl killed Snoke, knocked Ben out, and then took out all 8 PGs - it won't take much to convince people that Kylo/Ben was involved and is lying.

A while back I shared a prediction about Rey being questioned by Hux in order to gather dirt on Kylo/Ben - and her refusing to dob Kylo/Ben in despite everything and their separation at the end of TLJ.. I wish we could link to specific comments in this forum. we can't can we?
It's a fave scenario of mine for bringing Rey and Kylo/Ben back into contact with each other after a break in contact, and shows their deep loyalty to each other despite being on the two different sides of the war at that point..
DeeBee
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 7:55 pm

Speaking of Kylo and Rey showing loyalty to each other, I went into it a slight bit earlier but I can very much picture a dogfight between the Resistance and the First Order with Rey, Poe, and Kylo involved. And there's a point in the fight where Poe has a very solid shot at Kylo that would probably be his end were it to land. Rey notices, freaks out, and sabotages Poe's shot somehow. Maybe even knocking his x-wing if they want to be dramatic!

Similarly, I think Kylo is going to sabotage or argue against (with some excuse, of course) an attack on the Resistance because he knows Rey will be strongly caught up in it and it'll fuel Hux's suspicion and ambitions.

Last edited by ZioRen on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 7:56 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@special_cases wrote:

@nickandnora

@special_cases

Thanks!

The reason I really wanted to mention this one (well in advance of any promotion) is that if this actually happens in the film, they are going to be able to misdirect the HECK out of the audience in teasers/trailers.

For me personally, if a trailer comes out that shows Rey fighting Kylo Ren while he's wearing the mask, my own reaction is going to be: "That's not him."
@nickandnora

haaaa I like the way you think! Razz It is ripe for marketing drama and ratcheting up the tension without actually giving away the plot!
Already, we can prepare ourselves for all that misdirection we are going to get!
DeeBee
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:59 pm

@Let The Past Die wrote:@DeeBee
I remember you mentioning about the Kazerath Device on another thread, so I went off to read the particular Poe Dameron comic it was in.

I really enjoyed the comic, I may buy the volumes. I enjoyed  Lor San Tekka's part in it.

The information about the device is really interesting and how  Lor San Tekka  viewed its potential for the balance of light and dark and how both force users need to work together to use it. So thanks for the initial insight DeeBee.
@Let The Past Die

Thanks Let The Past Die, very kind of you to say!
Embarassed yeah I kind of mention the balance and the Kazerath a lot Embarassed  tee heee!

Anyone who wants to read the Poe Dameron comics #20- #23 or see the images relevant only to LST see this thread where they have been shared:
http://reylo.skyforum.net/t718-sw-canon-material-and-possible-spoilers-for-ix-black-diamond
DeeBee
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:20 am

Rey and Kylo’s Lightsaber fights are amazing, and I would really like to see another boy-girl lightsaber fight in IX. We’ve had boy vs. girl. We’ve had boy and girl on the same team. I’m hoping we will see them take a page from Claudia Grey’s book (literally—Lost Stars’ Ciena and Thane) with Rey and Ben having a knock-down, drag-out lightsaber battle to try to save one another by sacrificing themselves. “No, YOU get on the escape pod, and I will go down with the crashing ship so that it doesn’t crash into the base and kill everyone.” “No chance. I will put you on that escape pod if it’s the last thing I do and I’ll stay to steer the ship.” That kind of thing, only much better written. Smile
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:30 am

Kylo undermining/thwarting a Hux-orchestrated attack on the Resistance at his own expense would be a very post-rejection Mr. Darcy thing for Kylo to do. And if they continue to follow a Pride & Prejudice arc, Rey won't find out about him saving her (and the rest of her Resistance "family") for some time after it happens. (And Rey will be the only one to know the truth.)
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 4:21 am

an indication of what will happen in the next episode, we already see it in the last scene of episode VIII
The boy with the broom. The emergence of a revolt
The oppressed and those who hate the first order will rebel. There will be revolts at the beginning of the film .
Teo oswald
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 10:37 am

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 11:00 am

@vaderito

yes, I posted it in the "force bond is not closed" thread, but it fit's here as well... it's amazing!!! Approves
Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 11:15 am

@vaderito
Yep very interesting:)

Returning to Ben's vision of the future
I saw you future. It is solid and clear. You will not bow before Snoke. You'll turn. I'll help you
Rey has seen Ben Solo free from Snoke's grip, we do not know if he has chosen to be on the side of the Rebels
but with her s sentence we understand that Rey is willing to help Ben regardless of whether her friends approve or not.
let's say that Ben betrayed the first order ok ... and goes with Rey on Crait, do you think the rebels welcome him with open arms? I don't think..but Rey's choice to help him tells us a lot, but we know that she did not accept the offer because she loves her friends
Teo oswald
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 11:21 am

Just read it - it’s amazing and beautiful. Wish we had been shown what rey and kylo both saw that moved rey to tears . Really hope the novelisation gives more insight into this . Shame we didn’t get to see the vision on screen . The meta above is great though . Good find . Thanks.

AhsokaTano
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:06 pm

@AhsokaTano
Unless further details about the visions were in the script there probably won't be anything further about them in the novel. They were vague for a reason, IMO. Rian left what they saw ambiguous so JJ would have more creative freedom in IX. Whatever Rey saw in particular was intense and changed her entire perspective on Ben, but I can't see us knowing until we're meant to, in IX. The novel writer wouldn't have been given any information beyond what was in the script. I doubt Rian would even have an answer if someone asked him what they saw.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:41 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree- it would give away too much to simply reveal it in the novel. We will have to wait till IX - if we even get any details about it at all.
That vision is a major spoiler for IX- and that's why I'm so sure it's NOT about the throne room fight Winks
Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:49 pm

The tie-in novel isn't going to have any secret knowledge or insight beyond what's been said in the writer/director interviews or what will be included on the DVD for deleted scenes/BTS. More than likely, fans will latch on to something (because that's the nature of fans) and have a complete freakout or meltdown over it. But the writer wasn't privvy to the magic tricks going on for the entire ST, he just got spoiled 5 months before other fans did. It's not even like with the ADF novelization, where he'd clearly been given an early draft of the script and wrote in dialogue which got cut from the final product (and which likely gave away clues). They're being way more controlled this time around and like it'd been said before (by forum members who've heard it said by the people themselves in person) the authors get information on a need to know information. The only one who sounds like there may have been a little additional information is Claudia Grey having a back and forth with Rian Johnson. But that's it, not that you won't be able to set your clocks to the inevitable freakout/meltdown.

So in terms of predictions and how Hux finds out what happens - if Snoke was able to project his image to SKB in TFA and in his first scene, to the deck of the ship which he mops up with Hux, there has to be a camera somewhere in that Throne Room. Not that it'll be as clunky as the Obi-Wan looks at security footage scene in the PT. But it's an option that Hux knows that there's something in there which can record/project images and he might figure it out that way. Might also show us a brief glimpse of what happened when Rey woke up and fled the scene of the crime. Regardless of how they could play that type of scenario out, it'd be easy to think that he'll find out and then try to set up a scenario to go after Rey in order to force Ben's hand and especially try to screw him over by outing him and hurting Rey.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:57 pm

Yeah you’re all right regarding the novel - it won’t give away stuff like the Vision as too spoilery . Am still looking forward to reading it though and counting the days till it’s out ! Smile

AhsokaTano
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:07 pm

@Snufkin 
I'm already planning on being very busy when the novel is released, haha. It may not be anywhere near the level of the ADF The Force Awakens novelization, which was not only written with nothing but an out-of-date shooting script but was also never read over by anybody at LucasFilm (according to Pablo), but I suspect it's still going to be rife with the personal interpretation of the author. Rian apparently did actually read it (lol, someone read a novelization???) but he's not the type who would correct someone's interpretations even if they didn't line up completely with his intentions. He's all about allowing creative freedom to flourish.

For anybody awaiting the novel keep in mind that: 

1) The people at LF didn't care much about novelizations 2 years ago. I guess we'll see if that has changed?
2) Extra input or not the novelization is going to be 80-90% one man's interpretation of the script/film
3) Where the novel contradicts the film/Rian, the film/Rian are canon

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum