The long overdue Lando thread

Go down

The long overdue Lando thread

Post by snufkin on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 13:04

Just about the character, because both Donald Glover and Billy Dee Williams deserve their own threads. But give it up for the smartest, most sylish man in the galaxy who's about to return to a theater near you (also besides LF being dummies not looking at Donald Glover or Phoebe Waller-Bridge as writer-directors, how about Jordan Peele? Who plays a radar technician long before Kylo Ren ever drew breath)

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: The long overdue Lando thread

Post by Lily Snape on Fri 9 Feb 2018 - 23:11

[quote="snufkin"]Just about the character, because both Donald Glover and Billy Dee Williams deserve their own threads. But give it up for the smartest, most sylish man in the galaxy who's about to return to a theater near you (also besides LF being dummies not looking at Donald Glover or Phoebe Waller-Bridge as writer-directors, how about Jordan Peele? Who plays a radar technician long before Kylo Ren ever drew breath)

@snufkin

Clearly I’ve been watching “Friends,” because this is my second post in a row using it as a point of comparison, but there’s a scene in which Joey demonstrates the amazing power of his totally sexist pickup maneuver (looking a woman up and down and saying “How YOU doin?’”) by testing it out on Phoebe.  And despite believing she’d be immune to it, she kind of blushes and giggles.  I think one of his charms is that Lando is the original “How YOU doin’?” guy.  The difference is that Leia is running a rebellion and has no time for that.  Smile
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 10:54

@Lily Snape Carrie Fisher did say that BDW was whispering dirty sweet nothings in her ear in between takes to crack her up! The funny thing is that the "Women always figure out the truth" line in TFA is a reference to how Leia has Lando's # right away but Han doesn't listen to her until it's too late.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 22:52

@snufkin wrote:@Lily Snape Carrie Fisher did say that BDW was whispering dirty sweet nothings in her ear in between takes to crack her up! The funny thing is that the "Women always figure out the truth" line in TFA is a reference to how Leia has Lando's # right away but Han doesn't listen to her until it's too late.
@snufkin

Those are the most awesome factoids I’ve heard in a while—thank you!!! Smile I had no idea that line of Han’s was about Lando. And I can totally picture BDW doing that.
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 10:23

@Lily Snape Both written by Kasdan so it's absolutely meant to reference that. And then, in turn, it's spoken right before the scene where Rey and Ben first come face to face and she immediately has his #.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum