Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by YoloKylo on Wed 30 Mar - 7:49

Ok, testing the waters here in opening up a thread on Finn and anything related to him, including the peanut John Boyega outside of his teamup with Rey, since there's already a thread on that.

I just want to declare my love of Finn and my hope that he is Luke's son. I won't shut up about that theory in fact, so just try me.  Laughing The other forum, had a lot of nasty comments about it but I let the mods handle those.  But I was able to work out some kinks in the theory when they were pointed out by more calm people.  So I would love to have a discussion here instead.  Just ask.  I dare you.   Twisted Evil

And this could be also all things Finn/JB if that's all right with the mods.
avatar
YoloKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 25
Likes : 73
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : United States

https://reyreylo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by panki on Wed 30 Mar - 7:55

@YoloKylo.... a lot of people like Finn's character....would love to hear your theory regarding Finn being Luke's son.... Smile

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10225
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by guardienne on Wed 30 Mar - 9:38

yes please tell us about your theory.

avatar
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3112
Likes : 6269
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by YoloKylo on Wed 30 Mar - 10:43

the theory has many bits to it and instead of writing a huge meta, i'm going to start you all on how the origins of Finn could have happened.  i might do more graphics for the rest of the theory.   Very Happy



the wikia links for the new characters
Sana Starros
Nakari Kelen
Shara Bey
avatar
YoloKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 25
Likes : 73
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : United States

https://reyreylo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by AnneNeville on Wed 30 Mar - 11:22

I really like the Finn Skywalker option, if there must be a second Skywalker. It would actually be a surprise. It does raise all the questions about Luke as a substandard father, though. How could he not know he had a child and it was stolen by the First Order?

I also think it would be interesting if the child of one of our big FS heroes . . . wasn't FS. And they had to deal with that dynamic.
avatar
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 838
Likes : 5213
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by YoloKylo on Wed 30 Mar - 11:40

@AnneNeville wrote:I really like the Finn Skywalker option, if there must be a second Skywalker. It would actually be a surprise. It does raise all the questions about Luke as a substandard father, though. How could he not know he had a child and it was stolen by the First Order?

I also think it would be interesting if the child of one of our big FS heroes . . . wasn't FS. And they had to deal with that dynamic.

Ahh but the theory is that Finn wasn't born yet when Luke was trying to have Shara save Sana. And there's precedence that FS can't sense that their unborn children were actually born or not. Because Vader didn't know that Luke and Leia did survive Padme dying. So maybe at most he would be able to find out is Shara Bey died. Sana's fate is unknown, maybe she was captured while still pregnant with Finn and gave birth in the FO facilities.

And it possible that Finn is FS. in another book, a character during the Rebels years I think, enrolled in the Imperial Academy and she was turned over to the Grand Inquisitor who tortured her because her instructors figured out she was FS. How did they figure it out? Because she excelled at everything. Was considered Officer material. When she was freed, she did her first Force ability of pulling down a ceiling on top of stormtroopers. I'll see if I can find the book, i haven't gone to sleep yet and it's 4:30 am. rendeer
avatar
YoloKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 25
Likes : 73
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : United States

https://reyreylo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 30 Mar - 11:54

He follows Luke's steps in tfa, Finn Skywalker fits but I don't know... Cousins do not exist in fairy tales... Maybe he's the descendant of another Jedi. But I like the idea Smile
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2474
Likes : 10468
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Sylvia Snow on Wed 30 Mar - 17:07

I can dig Finn as a Skywalker, he can also be FS not as strong as Luke or Kylo, but more like Leia or Han, I still think Han is FS ( On a side note, the son and descendants of Revan and Bastilla wasn't FS despite having them as parents/ ancestors and those two are powerful in the Force) so even though Yoda said that the Force is strong in the Skywalker family, that does not mean any generation will have the Force.

And we did not know whether Finn's mother is FS or not, and the reason Luke did not know about his son ban be because his mother hide him from Luke so that Luke can focus on  building the Jedi but instead little Finn got captured by the FO, assuming that the FO also killed the parents afterward in order to keep their organization a secrets

I would love to see what would happens if Kylo learn that Finn is in fact his cousin and vice versa, how will Finn think about Kylo? Awkward family reunion? Though I hate that antis may uses this as an excuse to kill off Kylo Neutral
avatar
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1377
Likes : 5631
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by panki on Wed 30 Mar - 18:48

@YoloKylo wrote:
And it possible that Finn is FS. in another book, a character during the Rebels years I think, enrolled in the Imperial Academy and she was turned over to the Grand Inquisitor who tortured her because her instructors figured out she was FS.  How did they figure it out?  Because she excelled at everything.  Was considered Officer material.  When she was freed, she did her first Force ability of pulling down a ceiling on top of stormtroopers.  I'll see if I can find the book, i haven't gone to sleep yet and it's 4:30 am.  rendeer

I also wondered whether Finn was the son of Dhara Leonis (the FS girl who was tortured by the Grand Inquisitor)....or maybe even her brother Zare Leonis (with his gf Merei Spanjaf) since Zare also excelled at everything but cared too much for his teammates when he was an Imperial Cadet just like Finn did while training under the FO....either way, he could be FS.....
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10225
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by YoloKylo on Wed 30 Mar - 21:06

@panki wrote:
@YoloKylo wrote:
And it possible that Finn is FS. in another book, a character during the Rebels years I think, enrolled in the Imperial Academy and she was turned over to the Grand Inquisitor who tortured her because her instructors figured out she was FS.  How did they figure it out?  Because she excelled at everything.  Was considered Officer material.  When she was freed, she did her first Force ability of pulling down a ceiling on top of stormtroopers.  I'll see if I can find the book, i haven't gone to sleep yet and it's 4:30 am.  rendeer

I also wondered whether Finn was the son of Dhara Leonis (the FS girl who was tortured by the Grand Inquisitor)....or maybe even her brother Zare Leonis (with his gf Merei Spanjaf) since Zare also excelled at everything but cared too much for his teammates when he was an Imperial Cadet just like Finn did while training under the FO....either way, he could be FS.....

Jason Fry, the author said Finn's not related to them. Smile but yes, that's the exact person I was talking about when i was half asleep. He also said that he came up with the idea that Hux's father started the plan to raise children to be stormtroopers. It's a pretty cool article about how the process of writing a star wars book happens.
avatar
YoloKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 25
Likes : 73
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : United States

https://reyreylo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Darth Rowan on Fri 1 Apr - 6:49

Mod edit: this thread has been moved to the Episode VIII/IX Speculation forum. Thanks!

_________________
"We'll see."
avatar
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 2068
Likes : 5635
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by YoloKylo on Tue 12 Apr - 5:51




here are videos i made for Finn Skywalker theory.
avatar
YoloKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 25
Likes : 73
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : United States

https://reyreylo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Apr - 14:59

Sorry but no. SW isn't Kung Fu Panda which is a remake of Beverly Hills Ninja. Finn isn't a FS, end of.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7115
Likes : 33884
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by YoloKylo on Sat 16 Apr - 19:09

bonus parallel and binary sunset theme playing in Finn rescuing Poe scene

avatar
YoloKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 25
Likes : 73
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : United States

https://reyreylo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Darth Dementor on Sun 17 Apr - 5:05

Finn being Luke's son would be the most happening!

_________________
avatar
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 794
Likes : 3685
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Guest on Sun 17 Apr - 5:11

I don't want Finn to be Luke's son...Luke shouldn't have children....if he did, then his child should have been Ben....the Last Skywalker...Finn is no Skywalker....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Airemyn on Sun 17 Apr - 12:33

@vaderito wrote:Sorry but no. SW isn't Kung Fu Panda which is a remake of Beverly Hills Ninja. Finn isn't a FS, end of.

@vaderito

I think that's a little unnecessary and dismissive. If you don't agree, don't agree, but don't make people feel like they have a silly opinion. Neutral

This is an interesting idea. The only issue I have is that Finn is clearly black and not mixed heritage, so I don't know how they could explain that. But you never know. Wink
avatar
Airemyn
Moderator

Messages : 285
Likes : 1309
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 17 Apr - 12:47

The writers definitely wouldn't go in this direction in my opinion. I don't have a problem with it, but I think the general populace would have a hard time buying it for obvious reasons, and if we don't have time for Rey's convoluted legacy backstory, we don't have time for Finn's either.

Luke went into exile because of his student and nephew. He was founding a new Jedi temple before that, and I truly believe he's going to be a sagely Obi-Wan character in Episodes VIII and IX. He never married and his students were his family. I just don't think we have time for a plot-twist like this. That's just me though.

I also don't believe Finn is Force-Sensitive because the narrative implications of the twist are bizarre. Suddenly Finn's story would also be about Force discovery when it's already been positioned to surround the First Order and the Storm Troopers. I think he'll be the hero who brings down the First Order as a company of war, the common man who makes a big difference and saves the galaxy.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2702
Likes : 24880
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Apr - 12:53

Finn is unceremoniously kicked out of every single scene where Force is used. Therefore, he is not the part of the Force plot. TFA couldn't have been more clear on that. I'm going to be even more dismissive now so this is a warning. Finn leaves for 5 minutes to take crap behind a space ship (cause that makes more sense than version in the movie), and while he's busy, Rey gets the call from the saber, has a Forceback vision, learns from Maz that she may be strong with the Force, runs away into the woods, meets Kylo who carries her like a bride to his ship, wakes up in Kylo's presence, they have a Force off, they feel it too, she uses the Force to escape. All the while Finn is oblivious because he isn't there. In fact, maz states in Junior novelization "rey is where she needs to be" when Finn asks about Rey's whereabouts. That shows you that they are on separate journeys. His does not involve the Force.

Moreover, on SKB, Finn fights Kylo who puts him in coma before major Force events occur. So while Finn is napping like a baby, Rey calls Anakin's lightsaber, fight Kylo, is held in a Forcelock, calls the Force on Teacher!Kylo's cue, may have tapped into DS instead cause she becomes extremely vicious and powered-up, defeats suddenly weakened Kylo. Flies to Luke for training. In the meantime, Finn is still sleeping missing all that.

In short, Finn is not FS and therefore making him Luke's son makes no sense. This theory is popular with 3 groups:

a) some Reylos who want Reywalker out of the way and would even support total nonsense just to prove Reylo are not related

b) some Finnreys who want Finn to be FS so that Force Bond with Rey could jump on him from Kylo

c) Finn fans who can't get over the fact that Finn-with-LS was marketing bait and switch to hide that Rey was the real FS

The theory is 100% NOT Solid. Finn isn't FS either way (Random or Skywalker).

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7115
Likes : 33884
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Darth Dementor on Sun 17 Apr - 16:31

@Airemyn wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Sorry but no. SW isn't Kung Fu Panda which is a remake of Beverly Hills Ninja. Finn isn't a FS, end of.

@vaderito

I think that's a little unnecessary and dismissive. If you don't agree, don't agree, but don't make people feel like they have a silly opinion. Neutral

This is an interesting idea. The only issue I have is that Finn is clearly black and not mixed heritage, so I don't know how they could explain that. But you never know. Wink

Bob Marley, Kid Cudi, Arian Foster, Lynda Carter, Sara Paxton and Halle Barry are all biracial but you couldn't tell just by looking at them. So it's plausible for Finn to be of mixed heritage.

_________________
avatar
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 794
Likes : 3685
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by snufkin on Mon 18 Apr - 1:40

The thought has occurred to me, although I kinda think as with Rey, why not just let him be an awesome person in his own right w/out any connection or pedigree to the previous trilogies? Also I sort of like the idea that he's already family with Rey because she was stuck on Jakku waiting for her family to return and take her away to her life. Which she probably thought meant her parents, but who showed up and spurred her to finally leave Jakku? It was none other than Finn. That resulted in the two of them becoming family (I immediately read their bond as Brother/Sister). That counts more than if he ends up sharing DNA with any of the other characters.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5297
Likes : 22620
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Apr - 2:45

@snufkin wrote:The thought has occurred to me, although I kinda think as with Rey, why not just let him be an awesome person in his own right w/out any connection or pedigree to the previous trilogies? Also I sort of like the idea that he's already family with Rey because she was stuck on Jakku waiting for her family to return and take her away to her life. Which she probably thought meant her parents, but who showed up and spurred her to finally leave Jakku? It was none other than Finn. That resulted in the two of them becoming family (I immediately read their bond as Brother/Sister). That counts more than if he ends up sharing DNA with any of the other characters.
@snufkin

Yeah, I like the "regular guy does awesome things" aspect of SW. That was Han Solo. Everybody's favorite. One of the worst things about the PT was that the Jedi had to run everything. Thank goodness the ST has people like Finn, Poe, Hux, Phasma and assuming KMT.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3089
Likes : 13511
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Finn in Episodes VIII and IX

Post by vaderito on Tue 10 May - 2:34

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Guys, it's a larger-than-life fantasy where people can move objects with their minds. Real-life anatomy doesn't apply any more than real-life space travel. They can literally rebuild fully-functional limbs in a galaxy far, far away. They obviously have medicinal capabilities that go far beyond what we have in our present era. Finn isn't going to be in a wheelchair or have nerve damage, Kylo isn't going to lose his arm because of saber slice to the shoulder. If he does lose one it won't be because of this.
@FrolickingFizzgig

My point is that they are sparing Finn from everything. He's the most morally superior brainwashed programmed child soldier eva who wakes up from serious injury like it;s no big deal, who earns everyone's trust within 3 seconds although he's sweating buckets of sweat, while all the evils of the world are poured onto Kylo's head. Bull!
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7115
Likes : 33884
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum