Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by ZioRen on Wed 14 Sep - 16:00

Boyega has a ridiculous amount of swagger! It's so fun to see him throw himself into a more fumbling and unsure character like Finn. Though I get the feeling Finn's going to get a bad*** boost in VIII and IX, so John can put more of his natural confidence in.

@BastilaBey That reminds me of the spoiler that one Reddit user (bothan_spy, I think?) revealed. The one that says that Finn ends up cutting something off of Phasma out of revenge. I wonder if he got a cease and desist from Lucasfilm, because all of his stuff sounded on the money and he said he'd have more soon like three months ago.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 14 Sep - 16:41

BastilaBey wrote:Finn is seriously going to kick butt in VIII. And I'm super excited to see if they have any action sequences with him and KMT's character, because apparently her stunt double is incredible!

I heard that the traitor trooper part was initially supposed to be Finn going up against Phasma, which makes me wonder if they've decided to save that for a later showdown and build up Phasma's anger over Finn defecting. Unfortunately she was under-utilized in TFA, but hopefully that could easily change with a couple of amazingly choreographed scenes.
@BastilaBey

ZioRen wrote:Boyega has a ridiculous amount of swagger! It's so fun to see him throw himself into a more fumbling and unsure character like Finn. Though I get the feeling Finn's going to get a bad*** boost in VIII and IX, so John can put more of his natural confidence in.

@BastilaBey That reminds me of the spoiler that one Reddit user (bothan_spy, I think?) revealed. The one that says that Finn ends up cutting something off of Phasma out of revenge. I wonder if he got a cease and desist from Lucasfilm, because all of his stuff sounded on the money and he said he'd have more soon like three months ago.
@ZioRen

I was just going to cite the Bothan-spy spoiler about Finn dismembering Phasma in some way as an act of revenge, but @ZioRen beat me to it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got hit with a cease-and-desist or something like that, given that he stopped posting anything Star Wars related around the same time that Mr. Ghostface Lives (IMDB user with a reliable track record) seemed to have been forced to issue that backtrack about Reywalker...he has also not posted anything spoiler-related since.

Bothan, in particular, had a few things that have since checked out for Rogue One. And he was the one who broke the exploding hut rumor that many of us are crossing our fingers turns out to be true.

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Thu 15 Sep - 17:32

Tweeted by John today:
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 15 Sep - 17:36

jakkusun wrote:Tweeted by John today:
@jakkusun

Damn.

Knowing how good John can look, and how many of us American women are suckers for British accents, I've started to wonder if JJ had John use an American accent as Finn to further distance himself from being thought of as a heartthrob/romantic lead (at least to American audiences).

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 15 Sep - 17:42

He's very handsome. I think this is my favorite John shoot

BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Thu 15 Sep - 17:47

The female lead in Pacific Rim 2 has been cast http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cailee-spaeny-cast-in-pacific-rim-sequel-1201861762/ Another ship for John Boyega fans to get onboard?
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Thu 15 Sep - 17:49

@BastilaBey Yes!! Though I also love this one:

jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 15 Sep - 17:50

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@jakkusun

Damn.

Knowing how good John can look, and how many of us American women are suckers for British accents, I've started to wonder if JJ had John use an American accent as Finn to further distance himself from being thought of as a heartthrob/romantic lead (at least to American audiences).
@ISeeAnIsland

Agreed!!! John in real life (combined with his wonderful British accent), is far more alluring in real life than as Finn.

Even more interesting is that while Adam Driver is also an attractive guy, as Kylo Ren he's on an ethereal level as far as being beautiful goes.

I wonder why this is.... Hmm....

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 15 Sep - 17:52

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:The female lead in Pacific Rim 2 has been cast http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cailee-spaeny-cast-in-pacific-rim-sequel-1201861762/ Another ship for John Boyega fans to get onboard?
@Mrs Ben Solo

Speaking of John Boyega ships, he'll be the romantic lead for Emma Watson in the upcoming "The Circle":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4287320/?ref_=nv_sr_1

So, for anyone who is bummed that Rey and Finn being platonic, they can at least take consolation in the fact that he'll be hooking up with Hermione in an upcoming movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Thu 15 Sep - 17:57

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:The female lead in Pacific Rim 2 has been cast http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cailee-spaeny-cast-in-pacific-rim-sequel-1201861762/ Another ship for John Boyega fans to get onboard?
@Mrs Ben Solo

Speaking of John Boyega ships, he'll be the romantic lead for Emma Watson in the upcoming "The Circle":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4287320/?ref_=nv_sr_1

So, for anyone who is bummed that Rey and Finn being platonic, they can at least take consolation in the fact that he'll be hooking up with Hermione in an upcoming movie.
@ISeeAnIsland

He is certainly bagging some fantastic roles! Good for him! It's great to see him doing so well. Smile
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 15 Sep - 18:07

@Mrs Ben Solo
Not if it's anything like the first movie LOL.

The Honest Trailer for PR made me laugh. Something like: "A will they/won't they relationship... and for the first time in movie history, they won't."
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Thu 15 Sep - 18:12

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo
Not if it's anything like the first movie LOL.

The Honest Trailer for PR made me laugh. Something like: "A will they/won't they relationship... and for the first time in movie history, they won't."
@FrolickingFizzgig

lol, I only made it about 30 minutes into Pacific Rim so I never saw that bit. It really wasn't my cup of tea.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 15 Sep - 18:25

I kid you not, Pacific Rim really spoke to my inner nine year old...monsters being blown up by giant robots controlled by humans?? Bring it on!!!!
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 15 Sep - 18:37

Mana wrote:I kid you not, Pacific Rim really spoke to my inner nine year old...monsters being blown up by giant robots controlled by humans?? Bring it on!!!!
@Mana
OMG I had the same experience. The honest trailer is so accurate.

FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Thu 15 Sep - 18:40

I wanted to like Pacific Rim and I thought it would totally be my thing but I just couldn't get on with it. Maybe I need to give it another try.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 15 Sep - 18:43

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Mana wrote:I kid you not, Pacific Rim really spoke to my inner nine year old...monsters being blown up by giant robots controlled by humans?? Bring it on!!!!
@Mana
OMG I had the same experience. The honest trailer is so accurate.

@FrolickingFizzgig

LOL My brother asked me why I was acting like a little kid, my mouth was open the whole time we were watching! Very Happy

Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 15 Sep - 19:43

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@jakkusun

Damn.

@ISeeAnIsland

Agreed!!!  John in real life (combined with his wonderful British accent), is far more alluring in real life than as Finn.

Even more interesting is that while Adam Driver is also an attractive guy, as Kylo Ren he's on an ethereal level as far as being beautiful goes.  

@IoJovi

I also think John has a much more flirty, "romantic" chemistry with Daisy in real life than Finn does with Rey (though I don't think he's actually romantically interested in her, I think John just has that sort of charisma). Which says a lot about how much he was holding back with Finn. That had to be on purpose. With that accent and swagger, he'd definitely be immediately considered the romantic lead, but Finn was pointedly not made that kind of character.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 15 Sep - 19:48

ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@jakkusun

Damn.

@ISeeAnIsland

Agreed!!!  John in real life (combined with his wonderful British accent), is far more alluring in real life than as Finn.

@IoJovi

I also think John has a much more flirty, "romantic" chemistry with Daisy in real life than Finn does with Rey (though I don't think he's actually romantically interested in her, I think John just has that sort of charisma). Which says a lot about how much he was holding back with Finn. That had to be on purpose. With that accent and swagger, he'd definitely be immediately considered the romantic lead, but Finn was pointedly not made that kind of character.
@ZioRen

I really hope we're right about KMT. I would love to see him show his romantic acting chops for a character that's actual meant for him this time around!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Thu 22 Sep - 13:05

Brilliant fan made short about the lives of Stormtroopers. I could easily imagine Finn having a moment like this that spurred him to leave the First Order.

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Thu 22 Sep - 13:51

Darth Dementor wrote:Brilliant fan made short about the lives of Stormtroopers.   I could easily imagine Finn having a moment like this that spurred him to leave the First Order.

@Darth Dementor

Lol,this is great.I got chills from watching this. Claps Claps Claps
Nothing against Rogue One or Han Solo movie but frankly if the upcoming anthology movies were about the Empire/Stortmtroopers I would probably be as excited as I am for episode 8.The Imperial side of things hasn't been nearly as explored in canon as the Rebellion has.Personally I find the Empire much more interesting.

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 22 Sep - 14:17

@CienaRee

I am really with you on that one. Imperials are really starting to appeal to me. Rae Sloane in books. Kallus in SW Rebels - alone in his empty room after having forged an alliance for survival with Zeb on the ice planet. There's a whole other side to the Empire to explore that is much less evil than shown in the past. I like the blurring of the line between heroes and villains.

A movie following the lives of stormtroopers and officers would be awesome.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Thu 22 Sep - 14:49

SanghaRen wrote:@CienaRee

I am really with you on that one. Imperials are really starting to appeal to me. Rae Sloane in books. Kallus in SW Rebels - alone in his empty room after having forged an alliance for survival with Zeb on the ice planet. There's a whole other side to the Empire to explore that is much less evil than shown in the past. I like the blurring of the line between heroes and villains.

A movie following the lives of stormtroopers and officers would be awesome.
@SanghaRen

Yup,I really love morally grey characters like Kylo and other Imperials because you can take them to very interesting and scary places which you can't really do with the heroes.
You know it's funny nowdays it looks like the villians are the ones who're aways evolving while the heros remain stagant.

Last edited by CienaRee on Fri 23 Sep - 10:17; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Fri 23 Sep - 8:32

jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Fri 23 Sep - 8:33

I'm officially jealous of KMT now. XD
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 23 Sep - 9:35

He has a great face for modeling because he always looks different and that's super interesting. he can look tough, he can look sweet, he can look sexy as hell, anything.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum