Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by jakkusun on Mon 13 Mar - 18:20

https://twitter.com/johnboyega/status/839671732109660161

They're shooting pacific rim in China right now!
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Fri 17 Mar - 20:45

JB celebrating his birthday Smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRun9Wpgq0e/
BenRey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sat 18 Mar - 16:16

I guess, somebody already posted it here but some point are interesting. I still sort of believe his future is with the Ressistance but some point point for him to be force sensitive.

DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sat 1 Apr - 18:47

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Sat 1 Apr - 19:22

@Darth Dementor

I don't think Finn will be Force sensitive since John's post-TFA comments sell him as an "everyman" and "not Luke Skywalker", however I think "What's his role in the trilogy?" is a very interesting question.

In the OT, Han and Leia's primary roles were to (1) Give Luke friends to care about (2) Provide the romance in the trilogy, and (3) Carry the Rebellion vs Empire storyline while Luke focused on the Jedi vs Sith storyline.

It's safe to assume that Finn, along with Poe and KMT's character, will be leading the Resistance vs FO storyline while Rey is focused on the Force. But does he serve a purpose beyond that and, if so, what might it be? scratch
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 1 Apr - 19:40

I believe Finn's joke about being "a big deal" was actually foreshadowing. I find his concept and development very interesting, and I believe we're going to see this stormtrooper who broke out of conditioning trying to lead a rebellion of his own. I think Finn will try to search for his origins and investigate the trooper program. During his journey, he'll inspire other troopers to break free frm the FO and follow him. It would be a powerful story. It'd also provide a link with the Force plot. If Finn leads a trooper rebellion, he's going to break the base of the FO hierarchy, leaving the institution vulnerable to attacks. That's where Rey comes in.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sat 1 Apr - 20:43

@bossbaby wrote:
@Darth Dementor

I don't think Finn will be Force sensitive since John's post-TFA comments sell him as an "everyman" and "not Luke Skywalker", however I think "What's his role in the trilogy?" is a very interesting question.

In the OT, Han and Leia's primary roles were to (1) Give Luke friends to care about (2) Provide the romance in the trilogy, and (3) Carry the Rebellion vs Empire storyline while Luke focused on the Jedi vs Sith storyline.

It's safe to assume that Finn, along with Poe and KMT's character, will be leading the Resistance vs FO storyline while Rey is focused on the Force. But does he serve a purpose beyond that and, if so, what might it be? scratch
@bossbaby

That's pretty much what the video said to. The opening portion dissected and pointed out why the biggest reason most cite for him being FS doesn't mean he will be a jedi(Finn snapping out of his brainwashing). Finn's story will definitely be the non force part of TLJ and deal with the Resistances battle against the FO and deal more with the politics of SW.

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Mon 10 Apr - 19:04

At the Oliver awards in London

jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Thu 20 Apr - 2:57

jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Fri 21 Apr - 14:16

jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 21 Apr - 14:23

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 21 Apr - 14:32

@Piper Maru wrote:I believe Finn's joke about being "a big deal" was actually foreshadowing. I find his concept and development very interesting, and I believe we're going to see this stormtrooper who broke out of conditioning trying to lead a rebellion of his own. I think Finn will try to search for his origins and investigate the trooper program. During his journey, he'll inspire other troopers to break free frm the FO and follow him. It would be a powerful story. It'd also provide a link with the Force plot. If Finn leads a trooper rebellion, he's going to break the base of the FO hierarchy, leaving the institution vulnerable to attacks. That's where Rey comes in.
@Piper Maru

Foreshadowing paired with dramatic irony, which the writers seem fond of in TFA. Smile He's a good man, as Poe said. I can't wait to see him become a big deal in the Resistance too.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Fri 5 May - 23:02

Wow I love this one a lot.
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Sat 20 May - 20:20

He got buffed
BenRey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 20 May - 23:18

he's getting shirtless in TLJ. Just watch. He can't be dressed inside that bacta suite. MSW says he's in better shape than ever, that must be shirtlessness. How else they would know? Someone should ask Jason.  Very Happy
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 20 May - 23:21

@vaderito wrote:he's getting shirtless in TLJ. Just watch. He can't be dressed inside that bacta suite. MSW says he's in better shape than ever, that must be shirtlessness. How else they would know? Someone should ask Jason.  Very Happy
@vaderito

I'm thinking the amount of beefcake we'll be seeing in TLJ is going to be out of this world. If we see shirtless!Kylo and shirtless!Finn back to back I'll be extremely happy!!! Laughing

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 20 May - 23:25

They can do the totally shippy inter-cutting with Finn out of bacta suit flexing his muscles and Kylo out of the hospital bed trashing his helmet.  Very Happy
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Mon 17 Jul - 16:58

I love this picture

BenRey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 17 Jul - 19:19

@BenRey wrote:I love this picture

@BenRey

That is an awesome pic. Whose room is that? I would love it to be was John's room (he was a SW fan before he was cast as Finn), but it looks like Pablo's room, lol.
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Mon 17 Jul - 19:44

@BenRey that pic is perfection!!!

more from GQ:

Spoiler:

agh gorgeous

And I liked this part in the article about his relationship with Harrison Ford. Smile

When Ford was in London for the Star Wars premiere, he asked Boyega “to have a meal somewhere out of the glitzy area.” And since Ford “likes his food really spicy,” Boyega brought him to 805, a Nigerian restaurant next to Ladbrokes, an off-track-betting shop on the main drag of Peckham. Boyega ordered for the table, and they ate pepper soup and okra and beans, Ford forgoing utensils, Boyega says proudly, “like a real Nigerian.” (Ford, with something between pride and deep sarcasm: “Yeah, I'm like a real Nigerian.”)
Boyega showed Ford “a piece of my world” and told the story of his early life in the neighborhood. The older actor seemed genuinely interested. “Oh, cool, you lived in that area.” “Oh, you went to that place.”
“It was cool for me,” Ford says. “I learned that he had a lot of interests, concerns, and talents that were beyond those that I was immediately aware of from the work we were doing together.” To recap: This was cool for HARRISON FORD. And even though Boyega says he was “careful not to be asking too much, because you don't want to get too ‘inner,’ Harrison told me about being a carpenter.” Just two peers shooting the s*** and licking yams off their fingers.
Ford knows Boyega's going to be all right, just like he was. Unburdened. “He's capable,” Ford says. “He's making wise choices.”
http://www.gq.com/story/john-boyega-star-wars-detroit-and-robert-downey-jr
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 18 Jul - 1:47

@jakkusun wrote:@BenRey that pic is perfection!!!

more from GQ:

Spoiler:

agh gorgeous

And I liked this part in the article about his relationship with Harrison Ford. Smile

When Ford was in London for the Star Wars premiere, he asked Boyega “to have a meal somewhere out of the glitzy area.” And since Ford “likes his food really spicy,” Boyega brought him to 805, a Nigerian restaurant next to Ladbrokes, an off-track-betting shop on the main drag of Peckham. Boyega ordered for the table, and they ate pepper soup and okra and beans, Ford forgoing utensils, Boyega says proudly, “like a real Nigerian.” (Ford, with something between pride and deep sarcasm: “Yeah, I'm like a real Nigerian.”)
Boyega showed Ford “a piece of my world” and told the story of his early life in the neighborhood. The older actor seemed genuinely interested. “Oh, cool, you lived in that area.” “Oh, you went to that place.”
“It was cool for me,” Ford says. “I learned that he had a lot of interests, concerns, and talents that were beyond those that I was immediately aware of from the work we were doing together.” To recap: This was cool for HARRISON FORD. And even though Boyega says he was “careful not to be asking too much, because you don't want to get too ‘inner,’ Harrison told me about being a carpenter.” Just two peers shooting the s*** and licking yams off their fingers.
Ford knows Boyega's going to be all right, just like he was. Unburdened. “He's capable,” Ford says. “He's making wise choices.”
http://www.gq.com/story/john-boyega-star-wars-detroit-and-robert-downey-jr
@jakkusun

Great interview. I was a little surprised that he wasn't asked or didn't talk about Daisy at all, but that was a fun read.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 4 Aug - 1:27

Nice new interview with John in EW:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/03/star-wars-last-jedi-john-boyega/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

“What people fail to understand sometimes is that the success of these stories that will stay with us long-term is to bring new ideas, is to expand the universe. So we can have new stories, new people, just a different perspective is awesome. [Rian] had a chance to really go crazy, and I’m a big Star Wars buff so certain things I saw I was just like ‘Well, that’s a first.’ And that, for me, is really cool to experience.”

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 4 Aug - 1:57

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Nice new interview with John in EW:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/03/star-wars-last-jedi-john-boyega/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

“What people fail to understand sometimes is that the success of these stories that will stay with us long-term is to bring new ideas, is to expand the universe. So we can have new stories, new people, just a different perspective is awesome. [Rian] had a chance to really go crazy, and I’m a big Star Wars buff so certain things I saw I was just like ‘Well, that’s a first.’ And that, for me, is really cool to experience.”
@ISeeAnIsland

cheers cheers cheers

I'm noticing a very consistent message from those involved, and I'm loving it.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 4 Aug - 2:31

While it's a default response (can you imagine John on record saying that the movie is boring and there's nothing new?), they're giving hints that we need to watch the movie with an open mind because some expectations are going to be ruined.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 4 Aug - 2:44

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Nice new interview with John in EW:

@ISeeAnIsland

cheers cheers cheers

I'm noticing a very consistent message from those involved, and I'm loving it.
@IoJovi

Yes! All across the board the cast seems to be spreading the same message and I am loving it too! It´s a good sign!

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum