General Discussion: SW Rebels

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by panki on Wed 14 Sep - 3:59

@Jakkusun

I'm going a little into wild theory territory but I think the "presence" in the holocron who teaches Ezra could be a character named briefly in Aftermath- Life Debt named Cora Vessora. This is what the novel says about her:

The first piece he ever heard as a boy plays in his chambers now: The Cantata of Cora Vessora, an Old Republic opera of a dark witch on an unnamed world who refused to become Jedi—but neither would she join the Sith. It is a tale of birth, death, and all the glories found between those poles: love, passion, war, and above all else revenge. Revenge against the Sith who took her loved ones. Revenge against the Jedi for standing idly by and refusing to protect her because she would not join their ranks. Revenge against the galaxy for being as imperfect and impure as she had feared.

This character could have unleashed a super weapon on the galaxy to take revenge on sith and jedi alike....and that could be why Malachor looks the way it does with pertrified dead jedi and sith.

Now for another crazy theory.... I think Ventress was revived when she was dipped into the dark pool on Dathomir....but Vos felt he owed a debt to Obi-wan for speaking on her behalf in front of the jedi council so he continued to fight in the Clone Wars (Obi-wan mentions himfighting at Boz Pity in ROTS)....then order 66 happened. Like in the EU story, I think Vos managed to evade the clone troopers.... in the EU comic, Vos was saved by a pirate/smuggler friend of his....similarly, Ventress and her pirate friend Lassa Rhayme rescued Vos and they possibly re-established the Nightsisters (since Nightsisters are back in existence by the time of the Aftermath novel).

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by jakkusun on Thu 15 Sep - 18:03

@panki That is such a cool connection. It would be really cool if you are right!  It also sounds like an opera Maul could identify with, too, I think haha.

------

Here is an interview with Tom Baker about his role as the Bendu: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/09/15/tom-baker-star-wars-rebels-exclusive-clip/90410988/

It includes another clip, with Kanan talking to the Bendu! I like what the Bendu says: (in response to Kanan's concerns that the sith holocron is changing Ezra)



"An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, and the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself."

avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 497
Likes : 2609
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by panki on Sat 17 Sep - 10:22

[quote="jakkusun"]

"An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, and the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself."

@jakkusun

I love the significance of that statement, especially in the context of Kylo and his relationship with Vader's helmet.... even if he were tricked, brainwashed or went down a bad path because he was plain bad, he is the only one who can change himself for the better....while he might be inspired to change because of others, the actual change will need to come from him.

I cannot wait to see the Bendu!!! Did you notice the orange and white convoree on his shoulder..... it is in the same colour scheme as Ahsoka!!
It looks like they might be bringing something big into canon- the EU nightsisters believed that some powerful practitioners could connect with animals and plants from the spirit world (ur-spirit) and these animals could bring messages from the spirit world and allow some practitioners to move between the physical and spirit realm.....Talzin did it.....maybe Ahsoka will also do the same (or at least try to communicate with the Ghost crew)

Also, did you notice Kanan's stick? It looks a little like a part of Rey's staff.... Suspect


_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by jakkusun on Sat 17 Sep - 21:50

@panki

The was exactly what I was thinking about with that quote in relation to Kylo!

Wow! I didn't even realize that bird was important, but I just found your thread about the convor birds!

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t156-convor-birds-the-clone-wars-and-star-wars-rebels-connection?highlight=rebels



This is all so exciting! Dave Filoni does seem to have a lot of tricks up his sleeve with the Ahosoka story. And it makes sense that Ahsoka would be hanging around the Bendu, somehow. hahaha

Weirdly, Kanan's staff also reminds me of this from the second-to-last episode of season 2.
Spoiler:
(Also did that girl actually die? Cause they saved Rex, but not her, if I remember correctly, and it was really depressing.)






Also, one week till Rebels! Woohoo!

avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 497
Likes : 2609
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by Moonjump05 on Sat 17 Sep - 22:36

Yay, Rebels is coming back! I can see my bae Rex!






...and the rest, lol. Also the Ahsoka novel next month? Should help ride me over until RO and Episode VIII.
avatar
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 344
Likes : 2479
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by jakkusun on Sun 18 Sep - 12:25

This kind of gives me an idea of where the all the storylines we see in the trailers are going to fall in the first few episodes of Rebels Season 3. (Hope this hasn't been posted yet)
First 6 episode titles:
3×01-02: „Steps into Shadow, Parts 1 & 2“ (in etwa: „Schritte in die Dunkelheit“) – USA: 24.09.2016
3×03: „The Holocrons of Fate“ (in etwa: „Die Holocrons des Schicksals“) – USA: 01.10.2016
3×04: „The Antilles Extraction“ (in etwa: „Die Antilles-Extraktion/Rettung/Exfiltrierung“) – USA: 08.10.2016
3×05: „Hera’s Heroes“ (in etwa: „Heras Helden“) – USA: 15.10.2016
3×06: „The Last Battle“ (in etwa: „Die letzte Schlacht“) – USA: 22.10.2016

Source: https://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2016/09/star-wars-rebels-staffel-3-vier-neue-episodentitel/

(Not positive how accurate this is, but everyone else seems to think this source is accurate, including MSW)

@Moonjump05 I'm excited for that Ahsoka novel too! And apparently Ashley Eckstein, Ahsoka Tano herself, is going to read the audiobook! If that's true, I'm definitely listening to this book.

Ashley is so awesome I just couldn't resist posting these pictures of her in her Lego Ahsoka dress and Ahsoka hair. Smile
avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 497
Likes : 2609
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 18 Sep - 13:10

The trailer with Ezra controlling the walker gave me chills. Did I see correctly that he is actually controlling a junior trooper - don't know how they're called - to shoot at fellow stormtroopers? I find that dark and not exactly light side of the Force.

I am probably not going to see season 3 before a while. I am waiting for the premiere to see if there is any way to download the episodes somewhere. I am quite angry that it's so difficult to see this show outside the US. I think it's a great show for kids too so why can't they just have it for download over Amazon or itunes like other shows...

Ashley's hairdo is amazing.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1426
Likes : 6825
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by panki on Wed 21 Sep - 9:23

jakkusun wrote:@panki

Weirdly, Kanan's staff also reminds me of this from the second-to-last episode of season 2.
Spoiler:
(Also did that girl actually die? Cause they saved Rex, but not her, if I remember correctly, and it was really depressing.)





Oh, I forgot about those perimeter markers....Kanan must be using a broken one as a walking stick....I remember that poor girl- I think she got eaten because her disappearance wasn't discovered immediately....and at the expense of being gross, the spiders had their meal so Rex was lucky in that he was being saved as a later snack.  pale

SanghaRen wrote:The trailer with Ezra controlling the walker gave me chills. Did I see correctly that he is actually controlling a junior trooper - don't know how they're called - to shoot at fellow stormtroopers? I find that dark and not exactly light side of the Force.

I think the person in the walker is an imperial cadet......It would be really interesting if the cadet turns out to be one of Ezra's friends- Jai or Zare.....I wonder how he would respond to that? I'm not sure if Ezra is using the dark side of the force as yet though he is hovering dangerously close to it....I mean, he is using the mind trick on the cadet which in canon is something jedi do....not sith. (In the darth vader comic, Vader says that sith don't do the mind trick)

jakkusun wrote:This kind of gives me an idea of where the all the storylines we see in the trailers are going to fall in the first few episodes of Rebels Season 3. (Hope this hasn't been posted yet)
First 6 episode titles:
3×01-02: „Steps into Shadow, Parts 1 & 2“ (in etwa: „Schritte in die Dunkelheit“) – USA: 24.09.2016
3×03: „The Holocrons of Fate“ (in etwa: „Die Holocrons des Schicksals“) – USA: 01.10.2016
3×04: „The Antilles Extraction“ (in etwa: „Die Antilles-Extraktion/Rettung/Exfiltrierung“) – USA: 08.10.2016
3×05: „Hera’s Heroes“ (in etwa: „Heras Helden“) – USA: 15.10.2016
3×06: „The Last Battle“ (in etwa: „Die letzte Schlacht“) – USA: 22.10.2016

Source: https://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2016/09/star-wars-rebels-staffel-3-vier-neue-episodentitel/

(Not positive how accurate this is, but everyone else seems to think this source is accurate, including MSW)

@Moonjump05 I'm excited for that Ahsoka novel too! And apparently Ashley Eckstein, Ahsoka Tano herself, is going to read the audiobook! If that's true, I'm definitely listening to this book.

Ashley is so awesome I just couldn't resist posting these pictures of her in her Lego Ahsoka dress and Ahsoka hair. Smile

Thanks for sharing the episode information- it does make sense keeping in mind the things we've seen in the trailer.

I love Ashely's hair in those photos!!!! And I cannot wait to get hold of the Ahsoka novel- want to know more about Nix, the Mandalore campaign etc. Very Happy

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by jakkusun on Wed 21 Sep - 22:34

New clip everyone!

Article with some quotes from Dave Filoni about Thrawn:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/21/thrawn-peers-hearts-and-minds-new-clip-star-wars-rebels

There is another clip in the Star Wars show, too!



Spoiler:
And one of the stormtroopers in the clip is voiced by Dave Filoni, I'm pretty sure! Very Happy


Hera using her accent makes me smile. But also oh my gosh I can't believe they think she is a servant. She is wearing her Rebellion rank badge, right? And a pilot-like jumpsuit get-up? Thrawn might see who she probably isn't a servant, I guess, but man that officer is a fool. >Razz And no one tells Hera what to do like that!

But I'm glad Ezra is with Hera, too. Nice to see them working together.

And Ezra is so scary awesome in the second clip. Smile

@panki It would be really interesting if the cadet being controlled somehow by Ezra was Zare. Didn't Jai go home, though? So I don't think it would be him. I wish he could have stayed around, though, cause he was voiced by the same actor that did Zuko and gosh I loved hearing his voice again. Hahaha

---- edit 22 Sept




!!!!

And, an interview with Dave Filoni about Kanan:http://comicbook.com/starwars/2016/09/21/star-wars-rebels-season-3-kanan-is-feeling-lost-needs-a-teacher/

Spoiler:


"I definitely think when you start the season he's feeling pretty lost," showrunner Dave Filoni told ComicBook.com in an interview. "I think that he has to grow into an understanding of what it means to be a Jedi, and that's a confusing thing for him. I think he wants to follow some rule book and think if he accomplishes this and accomplishes that, that he'll be a good person and a Jedi."

"He's underestimating the lifelong commitment it's going to take to these ideas that he's practicing," Filoni said of Kanan in Season 3. "Sometimes when you're asked to give things up, you can say, 'Oh, I'm committed, and I give things up,' but are you really, or are you just saying that in practice because you believe that's what you're supposed to do?

"I think on one level after the events on Malachor that he's faced to really deal with what it means to be more selfless and give things up, as opposed to just saying, 'Okay, that's what I'm going to be.' These are the challenges for him. Is he really going to commit to those things, or is he just going to say it in name alone?"

"There's a lot up in the air for Kanan and how he's going to come through it," Filoni acknowledged. "What I also think is interesting is that to get him through it we needed to give him his own master, to show that you're never really done learning, that you're constantly going to be learning in life. You don't just become a Jedi Master and not learn, and even Yoda was learning in The Clone Wars. Those are some of the things that we're bringing into this."

And...More Ezra
avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 497
Likes : 2609
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

rebels video clip

Post by panki on Fri 23 Sep - 13:09



I saw this clip and suddenly something struck me- will Kylo experience something like this? Does this scene foreshadow something similar between Kylo and Vader's helmet? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by jakkusun on Fri 23 Sep - 22:52

@panki Yeah! I really hope we can see Kylo actually getting some sort of response from Vader's helmet. Something like this would be very interesting. And It seems Ezra has a very similar motivation for interest in the Dark side as Anakin. They both want to be able to protect people because they felt powerless to protect people in the past. I wonder if Kylo's motivation was similar or not.

----

This is just a nice video. Dave Filoni teaches kids how to draw Sabine and gives a little info on the inspiration for female mandolorian helmet design:
https://twitter.com/disneychannelpr/status/779364256907141120

Another Dave Filoni interview where he teases about what is to come in Star Wars Rebels Season 3:http://teenplicity.com/star-wars-rebels-executive-producer-dave-filoni-teases-season-3-secrets/
so many "we'll see"s. Haha
avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 497
Likes : 2609
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by panki on Sat 1 Oct - 0:01

This is so depressing.... the planet Ilum which appeared in TCW (where Yoda and Ahsoka took some younglings to find kyber crystals) might have been converted into starkiller base by the FO..... it is now gone Sad

Jedi temple on Ilum


_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 3 Oct - 17:45

I saw the first episode of season 3, yey! Let's see if I manage to see them all. I love the Bendu. Somehow the voice reminded me of Sean Connery and my mind was automatically directed to a movie I love : Dragonheart. I see some similarities between Draco and the Bendu. Do we know which specy the Bendu is? Maybe I should google before asking like the lazy a** I am.

You know that lady with the black bob haircut who works with Thrawn - I can't remember her name - she really reminds me of the villainy character played by Cate Blanchett in the last Indiana Jones. Makes me wonder if they used her as a reference because the resemblance is striking and both look dangerous.

I really wonder how much of Star Wars Rebels will be in VIII. Ben wanting to protect someone and ending swallowed up by Snoke is one of the scenarios that's always been in the back of my head as an option. My bets are on protecting Leia. And he could have resented Han for not being around enough to protect his mother. One must admit falling to the dark side to protect people you love is a recurring theme in SW so who knows.

avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1426
Likes : 6825
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by panki on Tue 4 Oct - 4:51

SanghaRen wrote:I saw the first episode of season 3, yey! Let's see if I manage to see them all. I love the Bendu. Somehow the voice reminded me of Sean Connery and my mind was automatically directed to a movie I love : Dragonheart. I see some similarities between Draco and the Bendu. Do we know which specy the Bendu is? Maybe I should google before asking like the lazy a** I am.

You know that lady with the black bob haircut who works with Thrawn - I can't remember her name - she really reminds me of the villainy character played by Cate Blanchett in the last Indiana Jones. Makes me wonder if they used her as a reference because the resemblance is striking and both look dangerous.

I really wonder how much of Star Wars Rebels will be in VIII. Ben wanting to protect someone and ending swallowed up by Snoke is one of the scenarios that's always been in the back of my head as an option. My bets are on protecting Leia. And he could have resented Han for not being around enough to protect his mother. One must admit falling to the dark side to protect people you love is a recurring theme in SW so who knows.

@SanghaRen

The Bendu is fast becoming one of my favourite characters in SW! They haven't revealed his species as yet.....though in the EU, the Bendu were an order of monks that practiced the light and dark side of the force....this is a nice way of bringing this into canon. I also find it interesting that Bendu mentions how he has seen how looking into the future/finding the answer to a question from a vergence leads to chaos....I wonder whether Snoke is involved in this previous event in some way?


_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 4 Oct - 20:46

Quote button is still not working on my iPad - emoticons neither - and I don't want to open my computer so I am just tagging you @panki

I saw episode 2, yey! I think I have a little crush on Kanan, an animation figure... Anyways, it's not the point of the post Very Happy That is an interesting thought on Snoke involved in the previous chaos. Could it explain why he looks damaged? Went too far? But I still wonder how many parallels they will use between Rebels and the movies. Will they go for holocrons in the movies too? Did Rian Johnson know about them and the importance it would take in Rebels? That's where my doubt lies at the moment. Although I could see holocrons being hidden in the First Temple.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1426
Likes : 6825
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by MoonlitMoss on Tue 7 Feb - 2:46

I'm almost to the end of Rebels S2. I have a question about the Grand Inquisitor and the temple episode. Was the GI a Force Ghost? Did I miss something because it seemed like he was a Temple Guard before becoming an Inquisitor? If he fell to the dark side, how did he revert back to being a Jedi in death?

I still prefer TCW as I wish Rebels had a little more substance, but it is really funny. Chopper is The Worst.

ETA: NM - it was Yoda.

_________________
A signature
avatar
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Messages : 468
Likes : 1446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by panki on Tue 7 Feb - 6:21

MoonlitMoss wrote:I'm almost to the end of Rebels S2. I have a question about the Grand Inquisitor and the temple episode. Was the GI a Force Ghost? Did I miss something because it seemed like he was a Temple Guard before becoming an Inquisitor? If he fell to the dark side, how did he revert back to being a Jedi in death?

I still prefer TCW as I wish Rebels had a little more substance, but it is really funny. Chopper is The Worst.

ETA: NM - it was Yoda.
@MoonlitMoss

I think the GI's appearance in Kanan's vision is not so much his actual return as a force ghost but the force manifesting a vision of the GI to Kanan and giving him a message (about submitting to the will of the force, the force foreshadowing his blindness since the GI looks blind in the vision...maybe also foreshadowing his meeting the Bendu since Kanan fights with a red and blue lightsaber)

A similar event can be found in TCW during Yoda's trials where he goes to Moraband and sees Darth Bane's spirit....there Yoda clarifies that it isn't Bane himself who has reappeared but a manifestation of the force.



I think the whole force thing works like this in canon- you have two things (the Living Force and the Cosmic Force).

The Living Force comprises the people that are alive....while the Cosmic Force is the people who are now gone and part of a world soul of sorts. The world soul itself has a consciousness of its own and can manifest to living beings in the form of visions (Anakin's vision of Shmi on Mortis, Ezra's visions in the Lothal temple, Kanan's vision of the GI, Rey's vision etc)....these visions can be of light side and dark side users but it is no longer those people talking but the force itself talking. In addition to the GI, we have Yoda seeing the long dead sith spirits on Moraband, Rey hears Palpatine's voice in her force vision etc.

However, a few people have the ability to be force ghosts i.e. they retain the old identity they had in life (bridging the gap between Living Force and Cosmic Force). The reason a dark side user hasn't managed to learn this art is because it requires them to develop traits like serenity and self sacrifice, which they cannot achieve because they cannot let go of their fears.






_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by MoonlitMoss on Wed 8 Feb - 8:08

Thanks, @Panki! I was so confused! I thought I missed an episode or something. I think it was the way he talked to Kanan and attacked the two Inquisitors. The vision makes sense.

This is really interesting.

I think the whole force thing works like this in canon- you have two things (the Living Force and the Cosmic Force).

The Living Force comprises the people that are alive....while the Cosmic Force is the people who are now gone and part of a world soul of sorts. The world soul itself has a consciousness of its own and can manifest to living beings in the form of visions (Anakin's vision of Shmi on Mortis, Ezra's visions in the Lothal temple, Kanan's vision of the GI, Rey's vision etc)....these visions can be of light side and dark side users but it is no longer those people talking but the force itself talking. In addition to the GI, we have Yoda seeing the long dead sith spirits on Moraband, Rey hears Palpatine's voice in her force vision etc.

However, a few people have the ability to be force ghosts i.e. they retain the old identity they had in life (bridging the gap between Living Force and Cosmic Force). The reason a dark side user hasn't managed to learn this art is because it requires them to develop traits like serenity and self sacrifice, which they cannot achieve because they cannot let go of their fears.

Is there anything about an individual afterlife in SW? Aside from FG, I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I still wonder what Maz meant when she said the same eyes in different people line...whether she meant recognizing emotions and personality traits or something like reincarnation.

_________________
A signature
avatar
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Messages : 468
Likes : 1446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by panki on Wed 8 Feb - 8:57

MoonlitMoss wrote:Thanks, @Panki! I was so confused! I thought I missed an episode or something. I think it was the way he talked to Kanan and attacked the two Inquisitors. The vision makes sense.

This is really interesting.

I think the whole force thing works like this in canon- you have two things (the Living Force and the Cosmic Force).

The Living Force comprises the people that are alive....while the Cosmic Force is the people who are now gone and part of a world soul of sorts. The world soul itself has a consciousness of its own and can manifest to living beings in the form of visions (Anakin's vision of Shmi on Mortis, Ezra's visions in the Lothal temple, Kanan's vision of the GI, Rey's vision etc)....these visions can be of light side and dark side users but it is no longer those people talking but the force itself talking. In addition to the GI, we have Yoda seeing the long dead sith spirits on Moraband, Rey hears Palpatine's voice in her force vision etc.

However, a few people have the ability to be force ghosts i.e. they retain the old identity they had in life (bridging the gap between Living Force and Cosmic Force). The reason a dark side user hasn't managed to learn this art is because it requires them to develop traits like serenity and self sacrifice, which they cannot achieve because they cannot let go of their fears.

Is there anything about an individual afterlife in SW? Aside from FG, I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I still wonder what Maz meant when she said the same eyes in different people line...whether she meant recognizing emotions and personality traits or something like reincarnation.

The Living Force and Cosmic Force feed into one another (I heard this mentioned in TCW either in the Mortis arc or Yoda's trials)....while I'm not quite clear how it works, even I have wondered whether this includes reincarnation....and that Maz's comment foreshadows this concept being dealt with in future episodes.

As for individual afterlife, I remember this event in the recent Han Solo comics where a long dead species comes through an ancient portal to help Han and some other racers, and we find out this much-

- Portals exist in the galaxy to a spirit realm (which could be considered a sort of afterlife since those people are dead); and
- Time works differently there (time works differently on all the force strong places like Mortis, Wellspring of Life etc...even Dagobah).

I don't know if everyone gets the opportunity to live in that spirit realm but we have seen Mother Talzin dissolved her physical body and escaped into the spirit world, later returning to the real world in TCW....and also an ancient alien friend of Han as well in the Han Solo comics who crosses to the other realm but briefly returns to save Han...in the EU, the Nightsister's belief that souls transform into plants and animals in the spirit realm might be a good way to explain the rumors of Convorees...... so maybe the Cosmic Force is not just a world soul (the force manifests itself in some physical form), but also a parallel realm of sorts.....I haven't been able to wrap my head around this part fully as yet but it is very interesting.

I don't see them going into this in great depth in the movies but I can see great potential for two things-

- Rey being the reincarnation of someone (my bet is Ahsoka)
- Han Solo being able to communicate with others after death (canon indicates he might have met some equivalent of the force priestess when he was young)

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3004
Likes : 10991
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum