Star Wars Battlefront

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by ZioRen on Sun 11 Jun - 0:24

I see no reason to think this means anything for TLJ, honestly. Am I missing something? It's a video game. Sometimes models get switched or there are errors or placeholders or it's just the "rule of cool" and she levels up to get a different lightsaber or different characters can fight with other characters' lightsaber designs because why not?

The game comes out before the movie. I highly, highly doubt they're going to spoil something big about TLJ in there. Outfits are little teasers but new lightsabers are a big deal story-wise.
ZioRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun 11 Jun - 2:03

@ZioRen wrote:I see no reason to think this means anything for TLJ, honestly. Am I missing something? It's a video game. Sometimes models get switched or there are errors or placeholders or it's just the "rule of cool" and she levels up to get a different lightsaber or different characters can fight with other characters' lightsaber designs because why not?

The game comes out before the movie. I highly, highly doubt they're going to spoil something big about TLJ in there. Outfits are little teasers but new lightsabers are a big deal story-wise.
@ZioRen

I agree that they probably wouldn't leak something about the film like that now, but at one point I read that the game would take place between the beginning of TFA and the end of TLJ and would feature TLJ content. But I guess "content" could just mean costumes and settings.
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sun 11 Jun - 2:27

It is true that they may not have TLJ storyline missions or maps. It might just be the PreOrder stuff we've seen before and they're saving full blown TLJ stuff for the next BF or a DLC closer to the film release like the with Battle of Jakku & R1 Scarif map.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 11 Jun - 9:18

Zio ren sometimes unlock-able content comes out after the film release.

It looks like this was not supposed to leak, the image quality is bad. It's blue though so I don't think that's Luke's. If this image reflects tlj and the narrative(possibly) Well of course I'm going to guess that's obi wans and it's the one kylo finds in the rain scene  and he sees rey through it (like she saw him through anakins) the one they hid from tfa because they wanted to use it as a future plot point in tlj? It makes zero sense narratively for rey to keep anakins saber. I always felt there was a possible lightsaber twist coming. Even may still be her staff that ends up hers for good.

Edit - yep that's obi wans, I don't think Luke's has the round circle part at the back end of the hilt. Only obi wans has that. Luke's also has a belt hook or something at the end

If these games are canon then that means obi wans saber is still out there and was not destroyed. Vader probably kept it then it was stolen?

Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 10:00

Seems like Rey's mind control ability is more like a confusion based trick, it's a lot like Malfestio's confusion ( which reversed controls ) dust in MH. It makes the controls harder to use and blurs the screen. They say she's a really strong hero character ( I hope she's not as ridiculously broken as Lando was ).
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Jun - 17:25

I had forgotten we had this thread, and even though I was talking about this in the B&tB thread last night, I figured this is more appropriate for it. I wanted to throw it out there I've decided to pull the trigger on a PS4 and get this game when it comes out. I'd love to play online with you all!

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 12 Jun - 21:37

OMG yes!
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Jun - 21:43

@Gemini wrote:OMG yes!
@Gemini

Sold. I just need to pick up the console!

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Mon 12 Jun - 22:19

This fan film is great! Smile
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 18 Jun - 9:07

Interview of the actress behind the main character:

If I didn't s*** at games, I'd buy it. I even fail at Lego TFA. The cinematics look good and I love the fact that the main character is an imperial. I didn't realize that the forthcoming book Inferno Squad is about the same character. Yeah, I know it's in the title Smile but the first time I heard about it, I only registered the name Inferno Squad not Battlefront II. Now, I want to read that book too. After Thrawn and with Phasma on my wish list too, it's really imperial times! Funny, there's no book about the Force. I mean other than comics about Luke's wanderings as a younger self. Wonder if 2018 is going to see a couple of books on force users, after TLJ uncovers the reasons of Kylo's fall and Luke's disenchantment.
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchtwin on Sun 25 Jun - 19:04

So there's a new trailer for preorder content which features Kylo and Rey aaand it's mildly amusing to me because I can't imagine them as enemies from that trailer. ''Kylo and Rey'' like they are advertising some pals.

Nothing special but it's still funny
Marchtwin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 25 Jun - 19:11

@Marchtwin wrote:

So there's a new trailer for preorder content which features Kylo and Rey aaand it's mildly amusing to me because I can't imagine them as enemies from that trailer. ''Kylo and Rey'' like they are advertising some pals.

Nothing special but it's still funny
@Marchtwin

Like they're two comrades who occasionally call each other up to go to the beach...

One day anyway... with their children in tow

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum