Analysis of TFA Symbols

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Analysis of TFA Symbols

Post by jakkusun on Fri 1 Apr - 1:32

I haven't seen a thread for general TFA analysis, yet. I think this would also be a great place to talk about symbols and metaphors you noticed in the movie.

To get this started, here is a post I posted in a less-appropiate thread for the discussion:

Wait guys I actually had some profound-ish thoughts about the rathtars. I think that the rathtars are symbolic of fear and guilt. Han has them as his literal baggage, but Rey helps him release that. He still runs from it though, and throws others into its path so he won't have to deal with it. He still has the fear and guilt, but Rey basically forces him into the situation where he has to confront all the things he has been hiding from. Finn also has fear and guilt. He is almost carried away by it, like he is almost carried away by the rathtars. But Rey also saves him from that, just how her getting abducted saves Finn from his impulse to run away and hide.

I also wonder about the way the rathtars look a lot like the FO symbol...it make sense in the case of Finn, with his fear of the FO trying to drag him back/kill him, but Rey saves him. Doesn't make sense with Han, unless Han was having dealings with FO ppl...I wonder where King Prana's loyalties lie? The Guavian Death Gang sure works with the FO and Han made deals with them. He certainly wasn't working for the resistance or the FO, but he probably wasn't totally clean? Well it could also represent how his son went with the FO...idk I like to over-analyze symbols.
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

April Fools Day & Rey

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 1 Apr - 13:23

Happy April's Fools Day! Fellow Reylo's

When the TFA came out I could not help but notice how similar Rey's Character was to the Fool Card in the Tarot. And, I find the comparison quite intriguing.

April's Fools Day was the last week in ancient times of the celebration that used to be New Year's. The beginning of the Sun's journey. The baby sun. the Sun enters the sign of Aries when it reaches the northern vernal equinox, which occurs around March 21.

Daisy Ridley (born April 10, 1992) is also an Aries

“ I am no one” Rey The Scavenger, The Force Awakens.

no one = 0  The Fool Card’s number zero

In many esoteric systems of interpretation, the Fool is usually interpreted as the protagonist of a story, and the Major Arcana is the path the Fool takes through the great mysteries of life and the main human archetypes. This path is known traditionally in cartomancy as the “Fool’s Journey” The Fool is unmoulded potential, pure and innocent, neither positive nor negative yet containing the possibility of both. She is the unconditioned soul about to come into manifestation for the first time to start learning the lessons of the world.   The Fool is shown at the beginning of his journey with unlimited potential. The sun rising up behind her represents the beginning of his journey. She is facing north-west, the direction of the unknown. He is looking upwards, toward the sky, or Spirit. She is about to step off a cliff into the material world but is he prepared? She has all the tools and resources he needs in the bag on his staff but he has not opened the bag yet. The white rose in her left hand represents purity and innocence. He has a guardian in the little white dog (b who will protect her throughout his journey but who will also push him to learn the lessons the Fool came here to learn.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Analysis of TFA Symbols

Post by Gemini on Wed 6 Apr - 17:10

Hmmm symbols..

there are lots I think, lots of Yin and Yang symbolism, the scar on his face is curved like Yin and Yang

Someone noted that Ren has a rattle snake sound when he removes his mask and stands up.

theres a lot of splitting things into two when Ren and Rey are fighting, meaning they are literally two halves of a whole. They split trees in half, the ground splits in half, rens face splits in half
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 6 Apr - 17:12

I suck at this ROFL
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 6 Apr - 21:58

@Gemini wrote:Hmmm symbols..

there are lots I think, lots of Yin and Yang symbolism, the scar on his face is curved like Yin and Yang

Someone noted that Ren has a rattle snake sound when he removes his mask and stands up.

theres a lot of splitting things into two when Ren and Rey are fighting, meaning they are literally two halves of a whole. They split trees in half, the ground splits in half, rens face splits in half
@Gemini

Oh, wow! didn't know that. Amazing.

Re-birth of the sun = re-birth of the son

Ben = Son

Rey = King
Ren = Queen

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: